Happy Actwid Kongadzem

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 28, 2008
      Wendi and all, Thank you for your kind letter.
      Yes let's continue working (happily!)

      Please respond promptly (by Sunday morning) to my letter which I will send
      very soon. Please fill out and send me your Letter of Support that you
      will find. That will be a great help for our proposal.
      My plan is to send you two flash drives but I haven't written about that
      because I will wait until we do.

      I don't know if the digital picture frame will have any use to you but
      certainly not unless we work together. I apologize for neglecting you. I
      learned that I'm willing to break my promises if there's no point in
      keeping them. Please don't have me make any promises! Hold me to the
      truth and not my word. I now prepare my other letter. Peace, Andrius
      Kulikauskas

      -----------------------------

      To Holistichelping@yahoogroups.com
      CC kaippg@...
      Bcc ms@...
      Response to the African innovation challenge grant ------------------------
      Dear Janet, Andrius and all.
      Thank you all immensely for your wonderful contribution in relation to the
      African Innovation Challenge Grant discussed.
      We have gone through all your letters and we all wish to thank Janet for
      her wonderful contribution written out on our behalf which first read
      exactly as if she was writing from our minds eyes. It is wonderful that
      you could read our minds directly as if you were here with us. We all
      read through your letter and that of Andrius and others but we were
      really moved from the bottom of our hearts that you understood our
      problems and have the know-how and an inside into our NGOs works here
      with all its challenges.
      We will all like to appeal to Andrius to find a space in his heart to
      forgive us for anything we in all ACTWID KONGADZFM NGO did that brought
      an unhappy relationship between us. We did not mean to hurt him or anyone
      else in HH.
      How can we imagine that a poor and marginalized rural women and youth
      national NGO working now for several years without any financial support
      or grant to effectively carryout our daily work which is caring for our
      families, infected women, men and children, with little or no training for
      jobs, with illiterates in the majority, still considered as “prosperity”
      or our husbands with lot of daily stresses and challenges to cope with as
      women still trying over several years to fulfill our unmet desire to use
      ICTs especially in our mitigation of HIV/AIDS and Agricultural issues
      despite all odds in struggling to meet up with daily survival needs,
      domestic violence, forceful marriages with large number of children in
      polygamous homes. We are all determined to go ahead. Our hands have been
      on the plough and there is no turning back. So we will all like to sink
      all differences that have been identified and we all turn over a new page.
      We are surly joining hands voluntarily with you all in this new project
      if you will include us as women and in Cameroon in particular that
      actually also need assistance in almost all the items you have listed for
      this project and we are sure that other African countries like Tanzania,
      Nigeria and others have similar development needs as our selves.
      Wendi shall continue to contribute for the MS Lab. “My food story”
      project and we all will also share our thoughts, challenges, views and
      values with others.

      Immense thanks
      Wendi and members of AK.in Cameroon.

      My foodStory Contribution for the M.S. Lab.

      Effect of Artemisia, a medicinal plant on HIV-affected women in rural
      areas of Cameroon

      Wendi Losha Bernadette
      Actwid Kongadzem, Cameroon

      Many poor rural women do not have access to antiretroviral or other drugs.
      A scheme to provide treatment through the growing of medicinal plants like
      Artemisia is therefore highly welcomed, and can be a lifesaver. The NGO
      Actwid Kongadzem has been propagating and distributing Artemisia through
      its demonstration farm in Bamenda, Cameroon for its members and also the
      local community for some years. The process of growing, harvesting, and
      consuming Artemisia has been carefully studied and observed throughout
      each stage, and there is evidence that this plant in tea form has had a
      measurable impact on the symptoms associated with HIV/AIDS and malaria.
      The goal of our work is to give marginalized women from rural areas of
      Cameroon (and hopefully elsewhere) access to effective treatment, where
      there would otherwise be none. Many rural women and youth affected by
      HIV/AIDS have been able to continue their daily activities and lives,
      which has greatly reduced the loss of farming days in the local
      communities, has provided a source of income and support – especially for
      women – and has enhanced health, nutrition and food security among people
      living with HIV/AIDS. Artemisia is an inexpensive and highly effective
      agricultural resource, which can be integrated along with the farming of
      other crops. It can be grown elsewhere in the tropics, thus having the
      potential to be used widely to mitigate the effects of HIV/AIDS.
    • ACTWID KONGADZEM
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 29, 2008
        Hi Andrius and all,
        Immense thanks for your response to our email. All its
        contents are understood.
        Yes, we will continue to work happily in Actwid
        kongadzem.The Letter of support will surely come
        before sunday. As there is heavy down pour here now,
        electricity usage is not consistent as we often have
        lights off for several hours repeatedly in a day and
        that makes connections difficult.But we will make sure
        that the letter of support reaches you soonest
        possible.
        Best Regards from Wendi and members of A.K.in
        Cameroon.