Re: [holistichelping] Citizens, migrations and identities

  • chrispinus ouma
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 16, 2008
      hallo sam kongere en ken , nafsi acrobate

        grettings , happpy to know all of you will come to lecce on 25th,
      karibuni sana, kwetu kenya lecce
       cheers
      chrise

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 24, 2008
        Hello to all,

         I have just finished the conference on Citizens, Migrations and Identities. It was quite pathetic to hear memories and results from every part of the world. There is every bodies dream all over the world for  a better life, the philosophical desires for every human being collectively but everybody desires peace.

        Christianity, Islamic, be it any religion make people united etc, but we should not believe blindly; in fact individual freedom is the blessing hoped for, but through information technology any part of the world is accessible through sharing, transfer, and advocacy. An individual country is the hope of its population and citizens identities but responsible sustainability depends on ones passion for success although, social, economic, political, education and eventual integration(assimilation), sense of responsibility makes many migrate.

        There must be a sense of belonging whenever you go, without this your  rights are violated. Demographics all over the world has shown people want Social and economic Justice. Even information justice is needed because many cheat virtually over the Internet, there must be a sense of belonging°.

        In our African culture and tradition, personal dignity depends on a long journey of struggle and thinking where your life is based: which include friends, relatives and the community depending on ones choice. I therefore believe "the World is my country, why should i be confined to my own country?. Experience and memories of traveling has shown me a view of where the world begins by exposure and replication of the findings.

        At the world social Forum in 2007 Nairobi-Kenya, I realized a new world begins by me, If the people talking of Africa virtually can give us these resources then we can improve our living standards in Africa than virtual improper information which lead to unwanted migrations filled with sufferings?. A world without poverty, war, famine, ignorance, isolation etc begins with grass root support. If e usually believe our countries in Africa are second best; then we are leaving gaps for exploitations, malpractices, dreams which are not released. We have to believe in own resources, utilize it and then develop at own pace.

        Everyone of us must work hard to achieve abetter future. Different thoughts and ideas can bring the desired change, through individual perspective and more so it is better to live legally in and outside your country; to me legal status is needed every where- in all countries.

        I am in Lecce now with Maria Chris hope to meet people.
        Bye,
        Samwel
        Samwel Kongere <jambita1@...> wrote:
        Peter,

        I am happy that you are getting ready for your exams. I will up date you all as i travel
        Sam

        peter ongele <peterongele@ yahoo.com> wrote:
        Hi Sam,
        I'm still bussy, but I'm sure to respond to this letter by sunday. I'm doing my exams and again somehowly unsettled financially, so I friend myself with little time to comment on this. Just be patient, I'll send you my contribution on this subject.

        Ricardo, this is the time I'll also respond to your comment and observation on community malaria project I propose to be done in our region.
        Peter Ongele.

        > I will be in Italy for several days, I leave Nairobi on
        > the 15Th August and return on the 16Th September to Kenya.
        > In Italy i will have time to contribute to Citizens,
        > migrations and Identities.
        >
        > In the globalized world, the problem of citizenship is
        > getting more and more complex. The lack of social and
        > economic security, fragmented identities represent a big
        > challenge for the Nation-State and inspire us to define new
        > political coalitions and new priorities. In this context,
        > what kind of context can we find between the economic roots
        > of migration and the lack of and search for a citizenship? .
        > How can we act as active political subjects, forced in our
        > battles to face many different cultures, discrimination and
        > identity claims?. Throughout this international analysis;
        > these complexities and share our experience and knowledge.
        > We are bound to discuss possible strategies for the
        > construction of new political communities and we will try to
        > imagine the right political the political lines for
        > citizenship and migration in the globalized economic context
        >
        > The above topic is not imaginative but surety, i am a
        > community grassroot crusader and nationally there is
        > economic and social migrations, bad governance dominated the
        > scene in taking different political lines, lack of
        > distribution of resources and infrastructure; at the Nairobi
        > Social Forum Jnauary 2007, it was widely spoken; the divide
        > is still very complicated and imagined without good results.
        > At some cases i had discussed citizens media, information
        > advocacy, sharing and handling but the gap is still
        > widening. The question to me and you, is who generates the
        > complicated complexities? . To me it is the citizens
        > themselves' a new beginning begins with you and not
        > somebody. A 'new world is possible by you and me'.
        >
        > I am in need of your comments on; 'Citizens,
        > migrations and identities' i will share at one of the
        > conferences In Italy
        > Samwel

        > http://www.surveymo nkey.com/ s.aspx?sm= 5VvLrzLaXHc0i_ 2bh5XdOTxA_ 3d_3d

        http://www.surveymo nkey.com/ s.aspx?sm= 5VvLrzLaXHc0i_ 2bh5XdOTxA_ 3d_3d

      • Peter Burgess
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 25, 2008
          Dear Colleagues

          I have been a part of these conversations for a long time ... and have
          put my 2 cents in once in a while.

          Samwel's recent observation ... and comments of others prompt me to
          try to express something that bothers me. Sawel wrote as follows:

          In our African culture and tradition, personal dignity depends on a
          long journey of struggle and thinking where your life is based: which
          include friends, relatives and the community depending on ones choice.
          I therefore believe "the World is my country, why should i be confined
          to my own country?. Experience and memories of traveling has shown me
          a view of where the world begins by exposure and replication of the
          findings.

          At the world social Forum in 2007 Nairobi-Kenya, I realized a new
          world begins by me, If the people talking of Africa virtually can give
          us these resources then we can improve our living standards in Africa
          than virtual improper information which lead to unwanted migrations
          filled with sufferings?. A world without poverty, war, famine,
          ignorance, isolation etc begins with grass root support. If we usually
          believe our countries in Africa are second best; then we are leaving
          gaps for exploitations, malpractices, dreams which are not released.
          We have to believe in own resources, utilize it and then develop at
          own pace.

          There is a lot in this that is very positive ... but why is it that
          Africa, and the world of development experts, including the likes of
          Jeffrey Sachs, seem to think that in order for there to be African
          progress there has to be something like $50 billion a year of
          development welfare. I want to hear a noise about what Africa and
          Africans can do with their own resources to build their own future ...
          but I don't hear this at all. Why not?

          The prosperity of Kenya seemed assured several decades ago ... what
          happened? Some things have progressed ... a lot of things have not. As
          Dr. Yunus observed last January ... poor people work very hard and yet
          remaing poor. This is not for lack of hard work ... but a
          dysfunctional system.

          I am pretty clear what is the dysfunctional in the modern economy ...
          it is the large number of people and organizations that believe they
          have a right to have money without contributing anything of value to
          the system. Of this group, political leadership is the master ... and
          everything else falls under this. This is what gets funded ... and
          this is what produces so very little of value.

          Sadly, the ordinary NGO gets caught up in the same basic model ...
          money comes from outside to fund activities that are done in the
          community. Maybe the money is needed ... but what of value does it do?
          Part of the money is needed and used to justify the next round of
          funding ... a cycle of funding and sustainability that does not
          actually need to deliver value to beneficiaries beyond the photo op
          and a bit of journalistic feedback.

          I am a believer that there is wealth in Africa that ought to drive
          progress in Africa. How is this going to get done?

          Peter

          Peter Burgess
          The Transparency and Accountability Network: Tr-Ac-Net in New York
          www.tr-ac-net.org
          Community Accountancy
          Integrated Malaria Management Consortium (IMMC)
          917 432 1191 or 212 772 6918 peterbnyc@...