Re: [learningfromeachother] my friend Asim adopting children in Pakistan

  • Pamela McLean
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2008
      Thomas/"foreign minister" and everyone

      Thom - It is good to hear from you. Your reference to the Embassy in the Bluebell wood made me smile. I have happy memories of my visit to Lithuania and all the related celebrations and visits around April Fools day.

      Everyone - I explained about "Thom - the minister" etc to my friends when I was home again from Lithuania and walking in the bluebell wood - but I will not try to explain any more here by email. I will simply confirm that Thom is my friend, and a friend of Andrius (and if you happen to be in Kenya you can ask "ambassador" Ken Owino for more about this story).

      Thom - your friend Asim sounds an amazing and brave person - if his meaning of adopting 40 orphans matches my .
      mental picture of what that must entail. I confess it is something that I know nothing about, and I do not know where he could turn for help and advice.

      Do we have anyone with connections in Pakistan, or with ideas to help Asim to do this effectively?

      Pam

      2008/7/29 uzheroldas1615 <uzheroldas1615@...>

      Hello, Pam

      hee is Thom from Vilnius (though writing from Moscow), your, khm...
      minister.

      hope you are doing well, and the Embassy in Bluebells wood also, and
      nobody ask you, where did you came from:):)

      My pen-friend Asim, an interesting man, sufi, living in the North
      Pakistan is going to adopt, as he says, 40 orphans - create a kind of
      kindergarten, or smth.alike.

      How d'you think, who can advise him on that from Minchiu sodas - say,
      Theresa Bakalarz, or someone with a similar experience?

      Looking forward to hear from you,

      thomas