Canadian uses sun to help Africa's deaf

  • Benoit
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 13, 2008
      Hello Tom and all,

      My name is Debbie Couture and I am the wife of Benoit. I understand
      that you are involved in helping deaf people in Africa.

      In our local newspaper I came across an article with the above
      headline and thought it would be worth passing it along to this
      group.

      Howard Weinstein went to Botswana to develop an affordable hearing
      aid for Africans. I was not able to access this particular article on
      the internet as I am not subscribed to the paper via internet.

      However, I did a search on google which brought up this article,
      which has the same information, except the name of the company that
      Howard Weinstein started to manufacture the SolarAid hearing aid.

      The name of the company is Godisa Technologies Trust. Godisa
      means "doing something that is helping others to grow". It is a non-
      profit enterprise.

      The link for more information on the article is:

      http://www.newsweek.com/id/135381

      The link to the web page for the company with contact information is:

      http://www.godisa.org/index.html

      I hope this info can be helpful in your precious work.

      May God's blessings be with you all,
      Debbie