A Cultured Structure or Structured culture?

  • Kennedy Owino
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 2008

      Hi Janet and Andrius,

      “Do all the good you can, in all ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can” this famous quote by John Wesley engulfs my mind as I read the recent postings, regretfully wonder and feel sad at  what is generating here.

      I feel disheartened that ideas that should in essence integrate us are actually disintegrating us.

      Most ideas we generate are usually great but the approaches we employ to actualizing them kill the “meat” in them.

      We actually shared with Andrius briefly over the phone regarding stretching our efforts to Zimbabwe which he chose to coin “The love Command”

      In all honesty, I supported the idea hoping that once it is floated in the forum most people would come round it with suggestions towards implementation.

      Little did I know that it is still quite an issue regarding the titles and the approaches we choose.

      I am and I have never been particular with the titles and the structures we decide on but the actions we undertake.

      I just can’t see where this is heading with so many people being disgruntled by the approach we have made.

      I reckon we  require proper cultured models away from  propagating "made to measure" cultures that in the process and eventually only serve to deal us a blow.

      I am not arguable that the idea of Andrius “ Love command” is wrong but I am concerned why people are walking away from it.

      Infact we shared it with Andrius over the phone and I found the idea positive but not the approach.

      My inner world isn’t structures but independent actors coming together to working harmoniously.

      Am up to building bridges and not walls, I feel sad when the bridges we have strived to build are cut by conflicting views.

      I am significantly waking up and thinking to myself that I need to re-focus my thinking and attention.

      I would not wish to break up my links (I mean working, sharing thoughts and actions) with the people who have helped to build me, nurtured me into being productive and  an independent creative  thinker.

      I am not happy that Janet is moving away, my deepest apologies to you Janet for my negative thoughts that may have influenced you to calling it quits.

      I hope that you will continue to accommodate me in the holistic space that has hugely built my networking empire. I had built a deep affinity with holistic helping that i would like to continue.

      It is one of the social and interactive spaces that I had quite deeply identified with besides my working group- nafsiafrikasaana@yahoogroups.com

      This are spaces, I wish to continue using in propagating my ideas into ideals.

      I believe I have an obligation to use my mind freely.

      I wanted to, but could not remain adamant on this because for one, I am guarding against anything that may injure my reputation and the relationships I have so far benefited from.

      I would wish to continue being part and parcel of MSL in the spirit that has guided us from tyranny, racism, inequalities, injustices and conflicts.

      As usual, I will continue to contribute and share in this forum which is a breeding ground for creative thinking mindset.

      But I wish and hope to remain focused on being creative generally without specific boundaries that makes me more receptive.

      I have known M.S.L  as an orchard where all are independent  and not inhibited in thinking or sharing.

       I like this traditional sense of a communal hub of sharing information and exchanging ideas.

      To me the idea of structures and chain of commands is becoming more and more intricate and intriguing.

      I bet  and believe that we don’t need commands and structures to change the world, but a free willed spirit, energy, drive and a team held together by a sense of believes that encourage growth and development.

      What I see is what I usually get; I therefore would not wish to move into isolation from the main stream with counter cultures.

      In sincere conclusion i say: Am Sorry Andrius, I do not wish to be engaged and involved with any idea that drive people away, derail or bring set-backs instead of bringing us together.

      With due respect, I beg to be disassociated with anything that people regard as being Authoritarian and egoistic in nature.

      I honestly love your idea but not the approach which resides in our thoughts, words and deeds and raise questions whether we are honestly up to doing all the good we can, in all the ways we can, in all the places we can,  at all the times we can, to all the people we can , as long as we ever can???

      Peace and Love forever,

      Ken Owino

      Nafsi Afrika Acrobats