Bunge to sue the Minister of Security and the Police Commissioner!

  • George Nyongesa
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2008

      Dear All,

      Press Statement on plans to sue the Minister of Security and the Police
      Commissioner!

      The following is an excerpt from the statement that Bunge La Mwananchi
      and its network organization released to the press:

      "We demand that the Minister of Internal Security and Minister for Local
      Government order the Police Commissioner to stand down the police men who
      are stationed at the Jeevanjee Gardens. It is a park for Kenyans’ use and not a
      police station. We want also to inform the public that Bunge La Mwananchi and
      its partners will be instituting legal proceedings against Minister for Internal
      Security (Prof. George Saitoti); the Police Commissioner ( Maj. Gen. Ali
      Husein) and the OCS Central Police( Mr. Muriithi) for infringing for on our Bill
      Rights. On this matter, we appeal for support from our partners to help us
      defend the rights of Kenyans."  Read more at http://www.bulamwa.co.ke//index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=76&Itemid=39

      Thank you.

      Signed:

      Bunge La Mwananchi