Love Command: Chicago, Zimbabwe, Kenya

  • ms@ms.lt
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2008
      I spoke this evening with Dennis Kimambo +254 722 388 275
      http://www.repacted.org, Kennedy Owino +254 723 568 251
      http://www.nafsiafrica.org and Rachel Wambui Kungu +254 721 626 389
      http://www.peace-caravan.org who led us so ably in our Pyramid of Peace
      http://www.pyramidofpeace.net this year to avert genocide in Kenya.

      I delighted in the way that we worked together and how we encouraged each
      other as leaders but also many peacemakers who inspired us. I took the
      lead to organize us within a command structure yet in which our
      participation was ever voluntary. I did this so that we could take and
      give all authority.

      Janet Feldman, who I admire, protested this approach, even as she helped
      regardless. We disagree, so I will not attempt to involve her, but rather
      will always welcome her influence and that of others who might not want to
      be within our command structure, but will always do good where good can be
      done.

      I have proposed the name Love Command for our command structure, so that
      we might start new. Dennis, Kennedy and Rachel agree, and they agree to
      serve as Commanders, as before, and we will also invite Lawrence Achami
      when we set him up with the Internet. (They are all in Kenya.) I will
      lead as Commander-in-Chief. I have purchased http://www.lovecommand.org

      The purpose of our Love Command is to reach out in love wherever needed,
      but especially, to "love our enemy". The idea is that "love is a command"
      as preached by Jesus. We first command ourselves to love, and also, we
      might command to love those who want us to. In this spirit, we can reach
      out with authority and include everybody with our command to love.

      Love Command is an informal project of the Minciu Sodas laboratory. I am
      the sole proprietor of Minciu Sodas http://www.ms.lt , a business
      registered in Vilnius, Lithuania.

      We currently have few resources, little time and not much energy. What we
      can provide is leadership for independent peacemakers who want our
      support. * Dennis has agreed to lead our work to stop genocide in the
      South Side of Chicago.
      * Kennedy has agreed to lead our work to help in Zimbabwe.
      * Rachel will, I hope, agree to lead our work in Kenya.

      We welcome all to appeal for our leadership. We will grow together in
      leadership as peacemakers!

      Commander-in-Chief
      Love Command
      http://www.lovecommand.org