Andrius: Would love to talk and meet/Rachel-Emmanuel/Zimbabwe (Masimba) and Peace/All

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2008
      Dear Friends,
      Hello and hope all's well with everyone.  I have been away longer than hoped, but I will be back as soon as I can be, to answer questions and move forward with peace-related issues in Kenya, the Includer, Uyoga, Zimbabwe, and more.
      Andrius, I'm excited about all of your great news and networking! I would love to talk while you are here in the USA, and it would be exciting to see you if you can get here to visit!  I might be able to enlist a friend in Boston to bring you down here for a day. There are also trains and buses, so let's definitely talk about that!
      Rachel and Emmanuel, I'm so glad to hear from you and see the inspiring "forerunner" of Rachel/VYP's report on the Peace Caravan. Thanks for your own report and also for the apology to Rachel for moving ahead of VYP's official follow-up about May's activities, Emmanuel. And we look forward so much to your report, Rachel!
      Masimba, it is wonderful to hear from you, and to see your discussion with Andrius on the topic of peace in ZW. So very sorry about what is happening in your country, though...it is both sad and scary, and I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say that we would be happy to do what we can to help, as individuals and collectively.
      Are you in a position to lead our efforts in that regard?  I think it is wise and prudent to have someone from ZW be the official coordinator. No-one outside of ZW--or in some way directly connected to that country (such as yourself, a citizen of the country, though living in another)--will understand the situation in the intimate way it is necessary in order to be effectual.
      I know a number of people in ZW--friends, colleagues, nonprofits, agencies--and those working on behalf of ZW in other countries. I would be happy--later this summer and beyond--to work with you and anyone else linked to MS on this most urgent and worthy of endeavors.
      The only thing I need to add is that I cannot work within any kind of command structure. The people of Kenya, as well as those of Zimbabwe, are working to transform the authority-based structures which have governed them in the past, in favor of something more truly representative and consensual.  I believe in our own work that we should seek to  bolster those efforts, not replicate approaches which have proven oppressive to those very people and countries we are hoping to serve and to help by our endeavors.
      I look forward to being in touch again soon and to addressing everyone's mails, thoughts, concerns, and feedback. In the meantime, blessings and love to all, Janet