Re: Yvonne Coelho to Franz Nahrada about Global Villages

  • Franz Nahrada
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2008
      Thank you Andrius for alerting me. Yvonne has reached me another way and
      we already have begun to discuss a Global Village implementation in
      Kaschmir. I told Yvonne that I would very much like to lead such
      operations, but am still struggling with the logistical base and the
      needed support to set up a strong center for Global Villages. One
      possibility that we are currently examining is to relocate GIVE to a place
      closer to Kirchbach where an old monastery in the mountains is changed to
      seminar hotel and we are invited to be the "spiritual hosts" for people
      seeking a better work atmosphere and inspiration.

      Also, I thank you for mentioning the exciting opportunity of using an
      organisation like the Global Telecentre Alliance to create a strong
      backbone between grassroot efforts in all continents. It was basically
      your videobridge report from Lithuania and our videobridge film from
      Austria that convinced Gaspar Matyas and his friends that this is a way to
      build the best connections between the telehouses and telecentres around
      the world - and to offer me (and I feel its also us) this assigment.

      One of the missions of GTA is to help multiply the numbers of telecenters
      which allready in the present is estimated well above 20000 worldwide ,
      not including the simple Internet access points which might multiply this
      number by 10. A telecenter as GTA defines it is an institutions in service
      to a local community and in many cases under control of a local community
      or trusted members of a local community.

      This is very much in line with OVFs Unity Center concept, and I would like
      to ask every member of these lists to use their influence to have us all
      organize our networks around the Global Telecenter Alliance. The Wikibook
      of the GTA is maybe a good opportunity to structure this alignment:
      http://www.battanet.hu/gta_strategy/

      It should be filled with life! Now its still a shell waiting to be
      inhabited ;-)

      All the best

      Franz