Yvonne Coelho to Franz Nahrada about Global Villages

  • ms@ms.lt
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2008
      Added to Sun, 01 Jun 2008 23:14:01 UTC yvonne coelho: Dear Franz, As you
      will recall, I met you some 4-5 yrs. back via Peter Riefenthaler and
      stayed at your hotel. We recently met again last year. My very dear
      Kashmiri friend and her brother (the latter resides in Kashmir and has his
      longstanding business of hotels in Srinigar)are very interested in putting
      into effect your brilliant concept of a global village. Kindly correspond
      with me via my personal email:yvonnegomes1950 AT yahoo.com and let me know
      what all is involved in this stupendous undertaking. Trust you are well on
      your way to recuperating from your recent surgery. Look forward to hearing
      from you. Sincerely yours, Yvonne Coelho Chicago, USA

      Franz, I found the note above at our wiki http://www.worknets.org

      Yvonne, I invite you to join Franz's Global Villages working group
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/globalvillages/, send a blank email to
      globalvillages-subscribe@yahoogroups.com or let me know at ms@...

      Franz and I spoke briefly a few days ago. He was very excited about the
      World Telecentre Conference http://www.chic.hu/index.php?p=75&conid=77 in
      Hungary on May 22-25. Franz has been chosen to lead the Communications
      efforts for the Global Telecentre Alliance.

      Kenneth Chelimo of Kenya also attended. Kenneth, any news? did you meet
      Franz?

      Note, Collins Odour of REPACTED http://www.repacted.org has also been
      invited to the Global Voices Citizen Media Summit in Budapest, Hungary
      http://summit08.globalvoicesonline.org Collins, I encourage you to invite
      and sign up people who you meet for our Minciu Sodas discussion groups
      including Dennis Kimambo's new group Community Work
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/communitywork/ be sure to get their
      permissions and their emails!

      Yvonne, I plan to be in Chicago in July. We have a base at David
      Ellison-Bey's home on the South Side, 6726 S Parnell Ave. Peace.

      +1 312 618 3345

      Collins Odour, REPACTED: HI Andrius how is the going, REPACTED is ok. We
      worn another MTV award. I wil be in hungary late this month for citizen
      media summit. have a nice time COLLINS.
    • Franz Nahrada
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 3, 2008
        Thank you Andrius for alerting me. Yvonne has reached me another way and
        we already have begun to discuss a Global Village implementation in
        Kaschmir. I told Yvonne that I would very much like to lead such
        operations, but am still struggling with the logistical base and the
        needed support to set up a strong center for Global Villages. One
        possibility that we are currently examining is to relocate GIVE to a place
        closer to Kirchbach where an old monastery in the mountains is changed to
        seminar hotel and we are invited to be the "spiritual hosts" for people
        seeking a better work atmosphere and inspiration.

        Also, I thank you for mentioning the exciting opportunity of using an
        organisation like the Global Telecentre Alliance to create a strong
        backbone between grassroot efforts in all continents. It was basically
        your videobridge report from Lithuania and our videobridge film from
        Austria that convinced Gaspar Matyas and his friends that this is a way to
        build the best connections between the telehouses and telecentres around
        the world - and to offer me (and I feel its also us) this assigment.

        One of the missions of GTA is to help multiply the numbers of telecenters
        which allready in the present is estimated well above 20000 worldwide ,
        not including the simple Internet access points which might multiply this
        number by 10. A telecenter as GTA defines it is an institutions in service
        to a local community and in many cases under control of a local community
        or trusted members of a local community.

        This is very much in line with OVFs Unity Center concept, and I would like
        to ask every member of these lists to use their influence to have us all
        organize our networks around the Global Telecenter Alliance. The Wikibook
        of the GTA is maybe a good opportunity to structure this alignment:
        http://www.battanet.hu/gta_strategy/

        It should be filled with life! Now its still a shell waiting to be
        inhabited ;-)

        All the best

        Franz