coming2kenya/elections for student leader

  • Theresa
    Message 1 of 1 , May 20, 2008

      Hello my dear friends!

      I hope you are all very fine!

      Yesterday I fixed to get a job till July and then again from October. In the meantime I will stay in Kenya .

      I am coming to Kenya on June 29th. I am coming together with a friend of mine who will work at the mission where I was working the last time. I am going to take her to Nyang´oma and then go to Mombasa and Nairobi for one month to relax and have some time with my boyfriend.

      After one month, my friend is leaving again and I will spend one month in this mission again too (Bondo). I will again work at the orphanage there and help them in every way I can. (Maybe also working on this internet-idea)

      In September I go back to Nairobi . My boyfriend and I will share a flat. I was already talking to Ken Owino and we are planning that I am going to help him and the acrobats in some projects. Its still not sure what exactly we do but there are many ideas.

      Last time I missed meeting some people of ms. I hope we can find time this time. I am going to stay for 3 months so there should be a way!

      Yesterday there were the student leader elections at the parkland University/Campus in Nairobi . (I don’t know, I think it was only the law-student leader elections)

      My boyfriend was also running for becoming the leader. During the election there was tension and also violence. Police was everywhere and there were many problems.

      Now, my boyfriend says, things calm down. He wasn’t sleeping but it seems that he has won the elections.
      Some people ment: “There is no election without violence in Kenya ” – isn’t that bad?

      I hope things are getting better soon.
      Also hope to see many of you when I am in Kenya (Nairobi) I´m in Kenya from June 29th till September 29th.
      Lots of Love, Theresa