Fred, what would you investigate?

  • ms@ms.lt
    Message 1 of 1 , May 20, 2008
      Betty Kyewa, Sasha Mrkailo, Thank you for your wonderful responses to Fred.

      Fred Kayiwa, please let me know, What is a question that you don't know
      the answer to, but wish to answer? That would help me understand what you
      would like to learn, to explore, and what kind of project (for $100) we
      might best work on together.

      Thank you also for writing about what you would like to achieve, such as
      starting a cyber cafe and also helping your grandmother. Fred, I am also
      interested to get your help to try out my phonics flash cards so that the
      children could teach themselves how to read. But it's most important to
      think of a project that would connect with the questions you want to
      answer.

      Fred, I note that we have discussed the possiblity of a loan to buy a cow
      for your grandmother and so I share this correspondence with our Cyfranogi
      working group.

      I also share my chat with Emmanuel Norman Nakhokho who is also in Uganda.
      Perhaps we might work on the flash cards together.

      +1 312 618 3345

      ----------------

      AndriusKulikauskas: Hi Norman

      Norman: yes plz :: l was some how buzy with the project

      AndriusKulikauskas: Are you in Uganda? I am in San Francisco now. :: Which
      project are you working on?

      Norman: yes am ij uganda now :: the oe fpr orpahsn

      AndriusKulikauskas: what is your full name?

      Norman: Emmanue Norman nakhokho :: http://bunabumalivt.tumblr.com/ :: my
      page is here http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?EmmanuelNormanNakhokho

      AndriusKulikauskas: Thank you. Your blog is nice! Who is helping you make it?

      Norman: afriend from netherlands :: l was to meet thereza when se came to
      kenya but l mised

      AndriusKulikauskas: Do you have a deepest value in all of your life that
      includes all of your other values? :: That is how we organize ourselves.

      Norman: yes plz

      AndriusKulikauskas: What is your value?

      Norman: is to help the children of God who have no education :: l have
      wrietn al that here
      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?EmmanuelNormanNakhokho :: ut was yu who
      asked me to give yu all

      AndriusKulikauskas: And do you have a question that you don't know the
      answer to, but wish to answer?

      Norman: yes plz :: how can l get volunteerrs to come to my project

      AndriusKulikauskas: And what would you like to achieve?

      Norman: to get help for children who lost there parents :: and now orphans

      AndriusKulikauskas: I will put you on this team:
      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Orphans :: and also I have added a link
      to your blog on your wiki page, as well as your deepest value and your
      question: http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?EmmanuelNormanNakhokho :: What
      would be the next steps do you think?

      Norman: tha :: thanks very much

      AndriusKulikauskas: What volunteers do you have so far? and how can they
      help?

      Norman: l had one in march :: and helped us with two sewing machines ::
      lant to get more people then we can hare with them withthe kids atthe
      project

      AndriusKulikauskas: How far are you from Kampala?

      Norman: it is 170km :: 3-4 hur trip by bus

      AndriusKulikauskas: And how much does it cost to travel?

      Norman: http://abc4all.net/gsonproject.htm :: al deatils are there :: have
      yu seen it

      AndriusKulikauskas: I have taken a look now and I have added the link to
      your wiki page.

      Norman: thanks

      AndriusKulikauskas: Your pages are very helpful!

      Norman: welcome and realy l ove geting help for kids :: like even justtys
      and books

      AndriusKulikauskas: How much does it cost to travel to Kampala?

      Norman: add this also www.bunabumali.org.uk, :: for me am in kampala :: it
      depends :: like l wil be going tombale on friday to see the kids :: and l
      may use 50$ going and coming :: but l wanted to buy them some food bt am
      not sure so l wil jst go and give them sometoys :: can this page work
      http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=8566846278 ::
      http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=8566846278 :: thanks :: what about
      here http://bunabumali.yourme.net :: am looking at yur addition

      AndriusKulikauskas: Have you met Fred Kayiwa? :: I will work with him on a
      small project :: and I am interested that he try out the phonics flash
      cards which I invented so children can teach themselves how to read

      Norman: yes

      AndriusKulikauskas: Here is a little bit of an explanation:
      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?FourCorners :: and here is a PDF file
      with the cards:
      http://www.worknets.org/upload/AndriusKulikauskas/fourcornersphonics.pdf

      Norman: fred is so nice persn

      AndriusKulikauskas: the children can play games with them and learn how to
      read. :: I am glad that you know each other.

      Norman: we are greatfriends :: ths is nice :: l wish we could make some
      and take to kids

      AndriusKulikauskas: yes I will write to him and see what he thinks :: now
      I have to make some telephone calls here in the US

      Norman: yes plz even me it s now later am going home :: thanks very much l
      wish l get thi sproject to sucess

      -----------------

      Hi all.

      Apart from Milk cow there is another option of poultry. Because the way we
      keep our cows here it really needs hard labour and this is an old woman
      who can't carry grass of say 150Kgs per day for the cow. Thus why I am
      suggesting that the old woman keeps local hens.
      She can start from around 50 hens which can cost roughly 250,000= uganda
      shillings. Medicine for the hens can be at say 50,000=, Maize brand (food)
      can be 100,000= per month.(She can as well harvest grass and give them).
      I know Fred can help her to purchase the food and medicine for the hens
      and water containers can cost roughly 50,000=After one month they can
      start laying eggs and by selling those eggs she can be able to purchase
      more food. She can also start getting more chicks from them and thus how
      she will be able to sustain herself.

      But the question is how does she raise the money?
      My suggestion is as a socialagriculture group please let us fundraise for
      Fred's Grandmother.
      What do you say?????

      Be bless always.
      betty kyewa