Re: [holistichelping] Pam's Idea for Reflective Items/another one: school uniforms

  • Paul Fegan
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 9, 2008
      Habari gani,

      Amesbury for Africa is a UN Sister Cities project with the village of Esabalu, Kenya.  We have had a School Uniform project to supply school children there with uniforms.  Now that secondary schools are tuition free the need will be greater.

      Our program enlists high school students in Amesbury, Massachusetts USA to gather funds. Each person donates enough to buy one student a uniform, book bag, socks and shoes.  The funds are sent to a school in Esabalu and the headmaster contacts a local company to supply the uniforms.  a photo and note of thanks from the student is sent back to the US for each person who donates.  Visit our website at http://www.amesburyforafrica.org/

      Paul Fegan