Re: [holistichelping] Re: Sotik follow up/Edwine and Charles/young people and peace-building

  • charles kilel
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 9, 2008
      Hi Edmix,
      Thank you very much for your complements on the work we do down here. Yes there has been tension and some demonstrations were reported in Kebera area of Nairobi which the constituency of the Prime Minister designate and Kisumu city also his strong hold. Apparently he did not spread to other areas and we hope it will remain that way
      My Cell phone no +254727281419 I will also SMS the same to the number you provided.

      Looking forward to continued collaboration.

      Thanks

      Charles.

      Edmix Sounds <edmixsound@...> wrote:
      Hi Janet, Charles,Reachal and all.

      i have been reading this emails and i am grad for all your input on the sotik  follow up. and also keep ti up chalrles for the good work you are working down there in kericho, by the way how are things down there? am asking this about how the nogotiations are going on at the moment down here.
      i have heard that there are some areas where tension is very high and i have aslo repots that there has been demostration in some towns.its not looking that good.
      Charles can you give me your number please, i lots my sim card, sms to 0722587836.

       will keep in touch soo.
      thanks.
      Edwine

      Janet Feldman <kaippg@earthlink. net> wrote:
      Dear Charles and All,

      Excellent letters, and yes, now I recall your work on vaccines...is the support network you mention linked with KAVI (I believe it's called)?  You and Stan have worked together on this, right?...I actually knew you more in connection to the ActALIVE chapter Stan wanted to start in Nakuru!

      It's great to know of your interest and involvement with peace-related endeavors, and I agree with you completely:  for research to thrive, and to prevent HIV/AIDS in the first place, there must be peace (as even with peace, there are challenges to these goals!).

      I also agree about young people and peace-building:  there are so many disadvantaged young people--and idle ones too--which is why we envision the use of ICTs (in "peace centers") to help address this issue.

      You make an important point about the way we frame things with our words, thoughts, and characterizations, and indeed we need to realize--as much as possible--that "peace is every step" (a Buddhist belief).

      Let's further discuss how we want to proceed with Sotik and more (I believe Rachel has indicated that she and VYP might be able to get there for trainings), and I/we look forward to doing that together!

      With all best wishes and greatest blessings, Janet

      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 15, 2008
        Hi Charles, Janet and all!
        Hope you all are doing great, thanks to the almighty for the grace and a life he has given to see this beautiful day.
        i appreciate for all the emails and good comments everyone is making.
        hopeful the issue of sotik is still being considered.
        by the way the last two days have been mayhem in the city because of the mungiki, they have been rioting and harassing innocent people and also targeting certain tribes, i believe they are using some excuses to take advantage of that.
        there some people i know were killed by Mungiki.between Sunday night and yesterday night.
        am just believing the police will work fast to end this killings .
        in the place where i stay it was not business as usual, shops and others business were closed because of the rioting in the city.
        i hope we are working towards where we want to see this country belong.
        of late most of the young people of sotik have been calling me alot to ask about us going there again, and have been telling them we will go, Charles can you have this number of the area councillor because he has also been concerned about the programmed which i started when i went there. He is called Councillor big five 0720678498.
        just called him too and let him know that we are still working on going to sotik again.
        i think he is like feeling bad because i had told him i will go back as soon as possible after i went the first time.
        he has also being calling me to ask me when we will be going because the young people have been pressurising him.
        kindly do the calling, i think it will make more sense if another pary does the calling also.
        i will stop there for now and have a great day all.

        Love
        EDwine.
        Do all things lovingly. That is the secret to quality and excellence"

        Edmix Sounds <edmixsound@yahoo. com> wrote:
[...]

        Do You Yahoo!?
        http://mail. yahoo.com