Dear Mina, Rachel, and All,
Hello and good to hear from you! I am posting
this to HH, because I did not see it posted at the forum (though you indicate
you sent it). Is this from you or from a student of yours? I say that
because I have gathered you to be an adult, and already having travelled to
Mbita, as this is where your academy is located. Thanks for the
What does Jacob say, who runs the Academy?
Hopefully Sam Kongere can also give input, as he lives in Mbita.
My own view is that waiting is probably a good
idea, unless you have a specific plan in mind for what you want to do
there--what you want to contribute time- and skills-wise, what you hope to
accomplish, where you want to go--and to spend time online getting to know
people, knowing abt the different areas of Kenya, perhaps brushing up on some
skills you can then carry with you (asking first what is needed). There is much
you can do to help online, and we all would welcome that.
If this mail is from you and you are interested in
seeing the work of your academy, that's a different story, as going now might be
a good idea, rather than waiting another whole year.
Thanks to Rachel for her questions, and to anyone
for their advice. Because of so many pressing matters that Kenyans need to
address now, it might be better to wait until our friends there have less of
urgency to which they must attend, which will enable them to answer more
questions and have more time with you.
With all best wishes and blessings,
Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2008 9:00
Subject: [voiceful] Re: Helping
My name is Rachel and i would like to ask afew questions for
1, is it that you are not in good health or you fear that you will get
sick when you come to Kenya, as mention below the issue of Malaria, dust
2, you already know where you want to go an what you want to do, Is it
that you have fear that the political unrest in Kenya hinders your
3, or is it the personal insecurity?
Also when do you plan to come to Kenya?
Maybe from there i shall be able to advice you accordingly.
Voluntary Youth Philanthropists
+254 721 626389
On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 1:42 PM, Sabrina Jung <mina.academy@...
I already wrote a message in the holisitichelping group.
wanna come to Kenya, but I have some doubts if I could carry out all my jobs
there due to the health situation, the weather and the still not very safe
and secure circumstances. I want to go to Mbita, but as well to travel to
other cities and villages to get to know some of you because I am really
interested in your engagements and I wanna contribute to that and get
Now i ask you to reply and give me an advice what I should do:
Spending 1000 Euros and come there, not being able to carry out all the jobs
I would have to do or coming next year in March when the situations have
calmed down more (hopefully) and the weather situation is a bit better?
Malaria, cholera and the worse traveling condition duet to the muddy streets
and the fast riding busses... I am a student, I don´t have that much
money, it would also be good to save that money and just postpone the works
and try to do that jobs all via email.
What is your opinion? I am
really in need to get an answer as fast as possible, especially from the
people knowing the situation in Mbita.
Thank you so much. Kindly give
me your contacts, where you are from and what your movement, activity or
engagement is so that if I come I already know where to go.
amani na upendo,
Mina from the
International Director of Nursery School and Orphan
Project Mina Academy
Mbita, Kisui Village