Re: Rains that can help us turns ........Thanks chelimo,Dan,SAM..Ricardo

  • ricardoolpc
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 3, 2008
      Tom

      My comments had a slight mistake in them. You don't have to contact
      UK organizations. You can contact 2 Kenyan water organizations
      DIRECTLY. Yahoo Groups will shorten the email addresses with the @
      symbol in them. So they are...

      mnu AT majinaufanisi.org

      info AT kwaho.org

      or see the 'contact us' page on the 2 websites.

      Maji na Ufanisi PO Box 58684 Nairobi Telephone 254 20 2727107

      Website: www.majinaufanisi.org

      E-mail: mnu@...

      KWAHO PO Box 61470 Nairobi Telephone 254 20 557550

      Website: www.kwaho.org

      E-mail: info@...

      Ricardo

      --- In holistichelping@yahoogroups.com, "ricardoolpc"
      <ricardoolpc@...> wrote:

      > Tom,
      >
      > I just received this email reply from Mr Frank Lawson, an engineer
      at
      > Water Aid UK. The PDF file (on page 38) has a diagram of the
      latrine
      > featured in the video. The PDF file calls it a 'Pour Flush Single
      Pit
      > Offset' latrine.
      >
      > The PDF has some relevant sections, Sanitation (Latrines),
      Disinfection
      > (of water, with chlorine etc), and Treatment of Water.
      >
      > There seems to be a mixture of things that you can build yourself
      and
      > things that need special tools and outside organizations to help.
      >
      > I'm just posting this information as soon as I received it. I
      haven't
      > read it myself yet. I'll email you later.
      >
      > There's a list of UK aid organizations you can contact, with links
      > their websites. I think most of the UK organizations work with
      local
      > Kenya partner-organizations, so maybe the UK organizations can
      provide
      > their contact details.
      >
      > Ricardo
      >

      > Dear Ricardo,
      >
      > Thank you for your message to WaterAid about technical information
      for
      > digging latrines in Kenya.
      >
      > If you follow this link:-

      http://www.wateraid.org/documents/plugin_documents/technology_notes_0
      7_w\
      > eb_1.pdf

      <http://www.wateraid.org/documents/plugin_documents/technology_notes_
      07_\
      > web_1.pdf> , to the `Sustainable technologies' notes on our
      > website, then go to Section 12 you will find a wealth of
      information
      > that should help your friend in Kenya.
      >
      > Unfortunately, WaterAid currently has no country programme in
      Kenya, so
      > we have no remit or budget to support projects there. However
      there are
      > two Kenya based organizations that might be able to assist your
      friend
      > directly. They are:-
      >
      > Maji na Ufanisi PO Box 58684 Nairobi Telephone 254 20
      2727107

      > Website: www.majinaufanisi.org <http://www.majinaufanisi.org/>
      >
      > E-mail: mnu@...
      > <http://uk.f278.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=mnu@...>
      >
      > KWAHO PO Box 61470 Nairobi Telephone 254 20 557550
      >
      > Website: www.kwaho.org <http://www.kwaho.org/>
      >
      > E-mail: info@...
      > <http://uk.f278.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=info@...>
      >
      > Both organizations operate in a similar way to WaterAid, so you
      should
      > get the information that you require from them if you explore their
      > websites.
      >
      > In addition there are a number of UK based NGOs that are currently
      > supporting water and sanitation projects in Kenya who you may wish
      > approach. They are:-
      >
      > ActionAid
      > <http://www.bond.org.uk/database/activities/default.asp?
      strRequest=membe\

      To=technicalenquiryservice@wat\
      > eraid.org>
      >
      > --- In holistichelping@yahoogroups.com, chelimo kenneth
      <chelimoken@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Dear Tom,
      > >
      > > Iam perturbed the situation is worseniing in both
      > > Kisumu and Mbita. I hope you downloaded the video
      > > Ricardo recommended on how to construct simple pit
      > > latrines. This will help check the situation and avoid
      > > many people contracting cholera and other water borne
      > > diseases. I have not gotten time to check the link as
      > > I have been in a peace meeting the whole of today. I
      > > also spoke to Dennis Kimambo and concurred with him
      > > that mosquito nets are distributed free at government
      > > hospitals to women who have children below age 5. You
      > > can approach government hospitals in Nyando and kisumu
      > > for help.
      > >
      > > Thanks Ricardo for your timely intervention. I hope
      > > the link you provided will help many avert the cholera
      > > catastrophe in Nyanza. Stay health
      > >
      > > Ken Chelimo
      > > --- tom ochuka tomochuka@ wrote:
      > >
      > > > Dear all,
      > > > Rains ...is still continuing in deapth..and much
      > > > help is needed..Thanks ken chelimo for yor call I
      > > > Spent the day in Ahero while you called,thanks Dan
      > > > otedo mbita is also worsely hitted.
      > > > This matters of health are serious..how can we work
      > > > on
      > > > this measure..thanks ricardo..se another note.
      > > > Mosquito nets are provided who knows where wec a get
      > > > them,
      > > > Do you know ant group dispensary,clinic we are
      > > > really
      > > > in need.
      > > > WE hope to work together in this region.
      > > > Nyando river comes from the hills around nandi and
      > > > muhoroni..by te time this waer is here sweveral..km
      > > > and villages wash,drink,uribate and all the animal
      > > > also drink the same water..it directs it water to
      > > > lake
      > > > victoria,
      > > > Thuis is adanger to abig location and region.
      > > > The children in schools need drinking ater that is
      > > > safe..as it sometes is hot and rains sudenly.
      > > > The ground in kano and mbita is loose and so needs
      > > > agood construction method.
      > > > pEOLE IN KANO MAKE PIT LATRINES EVRY 2MONTHS OR
> [...]
      ___\