Re: [holistichelping] Hello from Vilnius/Eric, Great to Read You at HH (see note to you posted yesterday)/FAB CHAT, ALL!

  • ERIC WANJAMAH
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 30, 2008
      Dear Janet and All

      We have been having a wonderful time since we arrived in Vilnius and have been treated very well by Andrius and our Lithuanian friends.  Vilnius is a wonderful city, with a rich history and beautiful ancient buildings. The mornings have been sunny and we are enjoying the warm weather. It  was nice that you (Janet) were able to join us in our discussions about growth for independent thinkers and to echo your views. We enjoyed sending you the Jambo Kenya tune, you are missing a lot but thank you all for having us in your thoughts and prayers.

      The two postings I did were just a trial I was making with Andrius because I had problems posting in this forum. I have however been following the discussions and am convinced that we can do so much more by sharing with each other. Lately, I have been studying the crime prevention strategies in Sweden towards my Master's thesis and it is my hope that whatever I learn,I can offer lessons to Kenya. So far, the conditions in Kenya can only be described as pathetic compared to the practices in Sweden. I will share more of my discoveries and hopefully we can discuss what can work in Kenya.

      Tomorrow we will have our debates and am planning to lead one on Equality and Justice issues and especially to get the team of acrobats involved in the discussions, and for us reflect on the post election violence that was witnessed in Kenya recently. We will be discussing the way forward in resolving the root problems of the violence and especially issues of historical injustices and the widening gap between the poor and the rich.

      Warm regards,

      Eric