Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: Nakuru Pyramid Of Peace meeting report

Expand Messages
  • Andrius Kulikauskas
    Rachel, Thank you for alerting me. Indeed, your accounting of the Nakuru meeting expenses is thorough (140,404 KES). Please, additionally, write to us how you
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 22, 2008
    • 0 Attachment
      Rachel,

      Thank you for alerting me. Indeed, your accounting of the Nakuru meeting
      expenses is thorough (140,404 KES). Please, additionally, write to us
      how you used the money we sent which according to my records is:

      03/05/08 WesternUnionLithuania 19532.71 KES
      03/08/08 WesternUnionLithuania 19446.04 KES 03/12/08
      WesternUnionLithuania 27230.7 KES

      which is about 66000 KES. What additional expenses did you have beside
      the Nakuru meeting? What other support did you get for the Nakuru
      meeting? And how did you arrive at the figure 350 USD to reimburse you?
      Thank you for setting your example. In the meanwhile, I agree that
      Dennis release 100 USD to you.

      Andrius

      Andrius Kulikauskas
      Pyramid of Peace
      Coordinator-in-Chief
      http://www.pyramidofpeace.net
      ms@...
      +370 699 30003
      Vilnius






      Rachel Kungu wrote:
      > Dear Andrius,
      >
      > Thanks alot for your support.
      > Have you seen the mail i sent to you and Janet in your inbox with all
      > the expenses, i cannot send as an attachment in HH. if you still need
      > more details, i will do that.
      >
      > Rachel
      >
      > On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 5:09 AM, Andrius Kulikauskas <ms@...
      > <mailto:ms@...>> wrote:
      >
      > Rachel,
      >
      > Thank you for your excellent report about the meeting.
      > I think that you have all accomplished a lot. It is a good step
      > towards
      > the future.
      >
      > Please also write about your income and expenses since you have
      > started
      > as Coordinator-of-Operations.
      >
      > Janet sent 500 USD which I have sent (minus Western Union fees) to
      > Dennis Kimambo and he will send half to Lawrence Achami (and
      > Dennis will
      > keep a small part of that for his own airtime). The other half I asked
      > Dennis to hold until my approval. Please write your income that
      > you have
      > received from me and Janet and also your expenses. After we review
      > that,
      > then if we don't have any questions, I will ask Dennis to give or send
      > the money to you.
      >
      > Rachel, Thank you for serving as Coordinator-of-Operations and as I
      > discussed with you and also Dennis, please continue serving for at
      > least
      > the next week.
      >
      > Andrius
      > Coordinator-in-Chief
      > Pyramid of Peace
      > http://www.pyramidofpeace.net
      > ms@... <mailto:ms@...>
      > +370 699 30003
      > Vilnius, Lithuania
      >
      > Rachel Wambui wrote:
      > > Dear Janet, Andrius and all,
      > >
      > > The participants for the Nakuru POP meeting
      > >
      > > Rachel Wambui Nairobi
      > > Dennis Kimambo Nakuru
      > > Ken Owino Nairobi
      > > Samwel Kongere Kisumu â€" Mbita
      > > Ronald Omondi Kisumu
      > > Beatrice Nzovu Nairobi
      > > Ken Chelimo Eldoret
      > > Emmanuel Were Nandi Hills
      > > Edwine Nyandisi Nairobi
      > > James Karongo Nakuru
      > > Hannington Onyango Nairobi
      > > Lawrence Achami Kuresoi
      > > Richard Rono Kuresoi
      > > John Kihara Eldoret
      > > Irene Chepkorir Rono Kuresoi
      > > Kinyanjui Nganga Nairobi
      > > Hellen Wanjiru Naivasha
      > > Samuel Njogu Naivasha
      > >
      > > 01/08 Introduction
      > >
      > > The introduction was based on the following questions:-
      > > What is your name and where you stay?
      > > How did you join POP and how has POP helped you?
      > > What is your interest in POP?
      > > What are you bringing to POP?
      > >
      > > Agenda for the meeting
      > >
      > > Where are we and where are we going as POP?
      > > POP structure
      > > The councils
      > > Working relationship
      > >
      > > The members discussed on the working relationship and it was agreed
      > > that for POP to work in harmony we need to have the code of conduct
      > > for the members, as independent thinkers and as a group. It was
      > agreed
      > > that an outline of the code of conduct to be created and then POP
      > > members can add input until we come up with a draft which will be
      > > discussed in June, a proposed time for POP meeting. Kinyanjui was
      > > tasked to do that in partnership with our intenational POP
      > members who
      > > could be having a guideline or idea on how the code of conduct
      > should
      > > entail.
      > >
      > > It was said that the Motherly constitution and the Humanity
      > > constitution to be harmonised to make one constitution for POP.
      > It was
      > > agreed that POP adopt the stewardship council with the bio
      > regions as
      > > proposed in HH discussions under MS Lab
      > >
      > > The Bioregion
      > > It was clear that those who are organising the bioregion should be
      > > those within the community and living in the community they are
      > > organising. The earlier proposed regions and Champions were
      > >
      > > Rift Valley - Dennis Kimambo
      > > Lake region - Ken Owino
      > > Nairobi - Rachel Wambui
      > >
      > > However, Rachel stepped down for Ken Owino to lead the Nairobi
      > region
      > > as the Champion, since Ken lives in Nairobi. Lake region was
      > given to
      > > Ronald Omondi and the Rift Valley remained with Dennis Kimambo. This
      > > was agreed by the members who were present.
      > >
      > > It was emphasised that the bioregion champions work is to help in
      > > collecting information and sharing and organising the region
      > bringing
      > > out issues from that region but all who have idea or contribution to
      > > any region whether in or out of that region can share the
      > information
      > > with the bio region champion in order to come up with good work
      > in the
      > > bioregions.
      > >
      > > It was resolved that the bioregions will be followed but the people
      > > who are close to Lake region for example and they are in Rift Valley
      > > they can join the lake region, with Nandi Hills being an
      > example. Thus
      > > POP members agreed that the geographical boundaries for the 3regions
      > > will be demarcated to suit the POP members ability to access the
      > > region they are close to.
      > >
      > > POP members agreed that bioregion champions to the stewardship
      > council
      > > will be women supported by men, as there is need to empower
      > women and
      > > help them address the challenges they face as women.
      > >
      > > Rachel, VYP was suggested to be the coordinating point for the
      > > bioregions and POP for the time being as POP is not registered and
      > > they needed contact for fundraising etc and compiling of the
      > > information of POP looking forward to the June meeting. (this
      > does not
      > > mean that the coordinators roles i e Dennis, Ken and Rachel with
      > there
      > > overall coordinator Andrius has change)
      > >
      > > It was agreed that for Bioregion and POP coordinating
      > organisation it
      > > will be rotational but for the next 2months the positions will
      > not be
      > > rotated for task ahead and then the code of Conduct will
      > stipulate how
      > > the rotation will be taking place especially with the hosting of POP
      > > and how long that should take for efficiency.
      > >
      > > Tasks
      > > 1. VYP to provide organisation profile to POP members
      > > 2. Bioregion to start off
      > > 3. Kinyanjui and others to come up with outline for code of conduct
      > > 4. Kenyan POP to suggest when we could be meeting online preferably
      > > weekend to discuss on the arising issues especially on the Code of
      > > Conduct as we compile it.
      > > 5. All suggestions to be discussed as openly as possible through the
      > > Holistic Helping group as always.
      > >
      > > Thank you all fro giving me this opportunity to hold the pop meeting
      > > in Nakuru. together we can make it
      > >
      > > compiled by Rachel for POP
      > >
      > > Incase i left out some information or added something please
      > feel free
      > > to add or subtract.
      > >
      > > I would like to say that i will send details of personal goals and
      > > input to POP as discussed during the introduction soon.
      > >
      > >
      > > Bye for now.
      > >
      > >
      > >
      > >
      > >
      > >
      > > ------------------------------------
      > >
      > > Yahoo! Groups Links
      > >
      > >
      > >
      > >
      > >
      >
      >
      > ------------------------------------
      >
      > Yahoo! Groups Links
      >
      >
      > mailto:voiceful-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com
      > <mailto:voiceful-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com>
      >
      >
      >
      >
    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.