Re: [holistichelping] Tom and all in Kisumu/Andrius: note "Luo"!/March meetings

  • Hannington Otieno
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 3, 2008
      Hi Hezekiah,Ronald,Tom and others.
      I admit the urgent need to tackle the Kisumu issue and I couldnt agree better on the fact that the time is now that these issues need to be looked into with the involvement of the wider community. I still remember with sadness the destruction that befell our regional capital - Kisumu, and the wider Nyanza province as buildings went up in flames.
      Im available for the meetings and any form of discussion on the issues.
      My telephone number is 0721533985.
      Lets keep this discussion going and deliberate the issues soberly bearing in mind Political machinations and the place of elders in the luo culture.
      The future belongs to us and any positive change that will come to our community should start with us - the youth, as it will greatly benefit us in our later lives and those of our children.
      Lastly my gratitude to the entire PoP family for pouring out your hearts to Kenya in our greatest time of need we are not yet there but we can see light at the end of the tunnel. May God reward the great hearts, Minds and Souls that are part of this great Group and enable us to continue embracing these great yet noble assignments as indipendent thinkers.
      Peace
      Hannington

      Hezekiah Nyaranga <reachout5@...> wrote:
      Dear Ronald,Hannington, Tom.
      we as the youths have a duty to ensure that we do not
      engage in activities that can put our lives and the
      lives of other kenyans at risk.This meeting to me
      looks like a good starting point and it will help to
      create an avenue for healing process.
      We need to reach out to several corners of the
      province and be able to involve as many youths as
      possible.I know it will be difficult if we dont have
      enough funds to do networking but still we can do the
      best.
      Am available for any meeting and would like input from
      all concerned members of this forum.In my community
      alone 29 houses were burnt down and there is need to
      bring the families affected to accept the situation
      and forge ahead.
      We have work to do and we must do it now.
      My telephone contact is mobile 0724068282, office
      0202030570

      Hezekiah

      === message truncated ===

      Looking for last minute shopping deals?