Re: [holistichelping] Tom and all in Kisumu/Andrius: note "Luo"!/March meetings

  • Hannington Otieno
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 1, 2008
      Hi Ronald,
      My name is Hannington, not a coonstant distributor but nevertheless a keen follower of activities of PoP and part of the PoP family. I have been following the discussions on Kisumu meetings with keen interest and im just asking myself what the people down there who were displaced and now have no jobs - especially the youth are planning to engage in.
      Maybe you should start introducing the idea of entrepreneurship in your discussions and help them start thinking of starting small businesses.
      I know the goverment has a youth fund for young people to do businesses with and i know of people who have managed to change their lives after making use of those funds. What do you think???
      Food for thought....................
      Hannington

      ronald omondi <obobo2002@...> wrote:
      Hello Tom
      Its very good for the work that you have done for Kisumu so far. Its alos very encouraging by the groups of people who you have managed to bring on board and those who have assisted you during the most difficult times in of the turmoil of our beloved city to this time that we are now celebrating  the deal that has been reached .
      I would wish to make  you aware that  Kisumu is the  capital of Nyanza Province and that should be taken into consideration when we plan for this Luo council meeting,if we dont get people from other regions of far and wide like Southern part of Nyanza where  Sam Kongere, Jacktone Arija  and DAn Otedo come from then PoP might miss out on the larger grassroot capture that the peace initiative is supposed to take, Siaya and Bondo should also be incorporated and we have a full house of the Luo council Meeting.
      LEt me know the day that you have set aside for the planning meeting where all this issues can be addressed.
      I must say that at last we have seen the hand of God in kenya and Peace once again shall return to our land
      Blessings

      tom ochuka <tomochuka@yahoo. com> wrote:
      Dear All,
      Kisumu ha agood number of ..orgs and individuals. .we
      ahe had Hezekiah leading us..he is already ready..Tom
      Obiero.I called last evening he is too willing o join
      us..Benedete will lead the ladies side.
      Thanks we shall add more like he fish group,ODDESY
      Arts of wison ouko..this is apupet group etc.
      Its easier to work here so if its march we must get
      one sitabl day.like wednessday and plan ahead.
      We can oo extend to areas of SIAYA.Etc.
      Thanks
      TOM

      === message truncated ===

      Be a better friend, newshound, and

      RONALD OTIENO OMONDI
      NYANDO DISTRCIT YOUTH INITIATIVE
      P O BOX 1 AWASI, KISUMU
      KENYA.
      TEL 254 722 480 811

    • Hezekiah Nyaranga
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 1, 2008
        Dear Ronald,Hannington,Tom.
        we as the youths have a duty to ensure that we do not
        engage in activities that can put our lives and the
        lives of other kenyans at risk.This meeting to me
        looks like a good starting point and it will help to
        create an avenue for healing process.
        We need to reach out to several corners of the
        province and be able to involve as many youths as
        possible.I know it will be difficult if we dont have
        enough funds to do networking but still we can do the
        best.
        Am available for any meeting and would like input from
        all concerned members of this forum.In my community
        alone 29 houses were burnt down and there is need to
        bring the families affected to accept the situation
        and forge ahead.
        We have work to do and we must do it now.
        My telephone contact is mobile 0724068282, office
        0202030570

        Hezekiah

        === message truncated ===

        Looking for last minute shopping deals?
      • Hannington Otieno
        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 3, 2008
          Hi Hezekiah,Ronald,Tom and others.
          I admit the urgent need to tackle the Kisumu issue and I couldnt agree better on the fact that the time is now that these issues need to be looked into with the involvement of the wider community. I still remember with sadness the destruction that befell our regional capital - Kisumu, and the wider Nyanza province as buildings went up in flames.
          Im available for the meetings and any form of discussion on the issues.
          My telephone number is 0721533985.
          Lets keep this discussion going and deliberate the issues soberly bearing in mind Political machinations and the place of elders in the luo culture.
          The future belongs to us and any positive change that will come to our community should start with us - the youth, as it will greatly benefit us in our later lives and those of our children.
          Lastly my gratitude to the entire PoP family for pouring out your hearts to Kenya in our greatest time of need we are not yet there but we can see light at the end of the tunnel. May God reward the great hearts, Minds and Souls that are part of this great Group and enable us to continue embracing these great yet noble assignments as indipendent thinkers.
          Peace
          Hannington