Re: [globalvillages] Stewardship Councils

  • Franz Nahrada
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2008
      Andrius writes:
      >The council is for those who care about the location or the region, not
      >simply care about themselves. We encourage all to care for the location
      >or the region. But if they don't want to care, then we don't need to
      >include them.

      It is important to say that this is a direct outcome of cultural creative
      economy, the principle was proven in Free Software. It also means: if you
      dont care and are not included, dont be affraid: in most cases you still
      will be able to benefit of the fruits of the work of those who care. This
      is a non-eclusive proposition, it simply recognizes finally that humanity
      has reached a level and a point where voluntary and fullhearted activity
      increasingly is the source of all wealth. It has a lot to do with the
      shift from menial and repetitive labor to creative one. Those who dont
      care simply should not block decision or action of those who do, but they
      can enjoy a higher quality of life for recognizing people with high
      aspirations. This will teach them to care about whatever they wish to
      care, join with others and take stewardship of another part of the common
      good.

      The principle is identical with Frithjof Bergmanns "New Work - New
      Culture", where he asks for the recognition of the "calling" as the prime
      source of social organisation in future. But the principle is equally
      expressed by many others, and there is broad recognition that this new
      role of the individual as the source of shaping the world is the
      "copernican shift" of our epoch. Of course this is a painful transition,
      we do not have the culture to bring this to full life yet, and people tend
      to refuge to proven solutions centered around command and control.
      MinciuSodas is currently at the forefront of developing aspects of this
      new culture, and sometimes we do not even have the words to express the
      differences.

      Global Villages definitely live and thrive because of this connection
      between the locals and people who care about the locality. The same holds
      true for bioregions, the same will hold true for nations of the future. We
      see that "Virtual Kenya" exists in the heart of many people, like "Virtual
      Lithuania" has shaped a person like Andrius.

      At the core of all this is the possibility to choose, the individual as
      the sacred treasure of future world culture. Yet we still have to invent
      the social contract around it, because currently we live in a system of
      abstract freedom and the concrete individual is not recognized, in all
      meanings of the word.

      Franz