Re: [holistichelping] Pyramid of Peace ready for peace in Kenya/Beatrice Nzobu and manual/unity and diversity/Lawrence & Ken

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2008
      Dear Andrius and All,

      Thanks immensely for the lovely message!! It is the perfect way to cap such
      a momentous day!

      I am posting part of the personal mail I sent to Andrius earlier today
      (oops, make that yesterday)--after missing his call--expressing my great
      appreciation for such a kind and touching gesture. Even more so for Andrius
      to reach out to as many of us as possible...I'm very glad some of you were
      home to take the call and share the elation together!

      To Andrius, what you have said and expressed is meaningful and very moving .
      To all, while we have much left to do (this agreement being just the
      beginning of the challenging work ahead, for all of us!), this is a time to
      celebrate and to be grateful for all of the amazing souls who have helped
      Kenya and Kenyans reach this historic juncture.

      Thank YOU, Andrius, and thank EVERYONE for your remarkable and life-saving
      work! It has been inspirational working with each of you, and has brought
      precious hope, joy, and uplift in a traumatic and harrowing time. Your
      commitment, courage, and caring are truly cherished, as is the
      "championship" of our members for peace, understanding, oneness, and the
      goodness of humanity.

      And now "forward": as independent thinkers who are united in being
      local-to-global linkers!! There can be unity in diversity, diversity in
      unity, disagreements aired agreeably, and conflicts resolved peaceably.
      Dream now, follow vision with action, and know that you will be helping to
      change the world.

      I'm delighted to read about Beatrice Nzobu working on a manual for
      reconciliation and healing, and will write more on that tomorrow, partly in
      response to the introduction of Beatrice done two days ago here by Rachel.
      Beatrice, if you are here, huge welcome, and hope we can be of assistance
      with this manual.

      It sounds like this may have something in common with the "Peace Practices
      Handbook" I have discussed as a possibly helpful project, and hopefully we
      can discuss these ideas and perhaps find linkages for mutual collaboration!
      The Handbook would be a collection of best peace practices, as submitted by
      our members and others, which would hopefully serve as a guide or toolkit
      for anyone looking to learn something abt nonviolent approaches to conflict
      resolution, and to peace education. especially to apply to their own work in
      these fields.

      Andrius, you mention Lawrence and his need for a phone. I will send you some
      funds for that in the next few days. Also, Ken Owino would appreciate a
      laptop for his work, which encompasses both the POP and other MS-related
      activity in Kenya (and perhaps beyond). I believe we had discussed this a
      few weeks ago (along with Ricardo), and hope we can do something for Ken on
      this at some point soon.

      For now and forever, love and blessings to all , Janet