re: [holistichelping] Peace (Missing Peace Found)

  • Joy Tang
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2008
      Hi, Kennedy,

      Thanks for your sharing on PEACE.

      There are wonderful materials about cultivating peace in the Dalai Lama Foundation site:
      http://www.dalailamafoundation.org/members/en/index.jsp

      I think Janet would love the online art exhibition on 'The Missing Peace."

      Hope you find it helpful. To close, I quoted:
      "For world peace to happen not only must all wars end but feelings of compassion and mutual respect must be established around the world.'
      ~ HH the 14th Dalai Lama

      Joy

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 29, 2008
        Dear Kennedy and colleagues

        Yes ... I agree with Joy. Thank you, Kennedy, for sharing your
        thoughts on Peace and the Missing Peaces.

        As some of you may know, I am trying to get an article about the
        activities of the Pyramid of Peace initiative into the Episcopal New
        Yorker ... the monthly newspaper of the Diocese of New York. I am not
        sure yet that it will get into print, but I am trying and a draft is
        being edited at this time.

        We are also trying to arrange for ongoing dialog about conflict
        avoidance being organized by the Center for Conflict Dialog in New
        York (CCDNY) to have the recent Kenya events central to the dialog.
        There are so many things that we should learn from this ... and
        especially the importance of including "we the people" ... the
        ordinary people ... in the dialog, and not just the political and
        economic elites.

        Sincerely

        Peter Burgess
        On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 1:17 AM, Joy Tang <joy@...> wrote:
        > Hi, Kennedy,
        >
        > Thanks for your sharing on PEACE.
        >
        > There are wonderful materials about cultivating peace in the Dalai Lama
        > Foundation site:
        > http://www.dalailamafoundation.org/members/en/index.jsp
        >
        > I think Janet would love the online art exhibition on 'The Missing Peace."
        >
        > Hope you find it helpful. To close, I quoted:
        > "For world peace to happen not only must all wars end but feelings of
        > compassion and mutual respect must be established around the world.'
        > ~ HH the 14th Dalai Lama
        >
        > Joy

        Peter Burgess
        The Transparency and Accountability Network: Tr-Ac-Net in New York
        www.tr-ac-net.org
        IMMC - The Integrated Malaria Management Consortium Inc.
        www.IMMConsortium.org
        The Tr-Ac-Net blogs ... start at http://tracnetagenda.blogspot.com
        917 432 1191 or 212 772 6918 peterbnyc@...