Wiled youg men.....say no to Demos in kisumu

  • tom ochuka
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 26, 2008
      Dear Dennis,
      We are done with the most difficult meetingsin
      kisumu..this youg men are stillbreathing threats..by
      9.00ocklock..they were ready for action.
      We had ameeting chaired by martin
      obuya..+254721405939..this is man born in kisumu..and
      hashisgrandfathers home....where we have the
      current..G.P.O.
      These men totaling to 30..came fromthree regions..in
      the city..Nyalenda..chiga..bandani.
      We later divided theminto discussion groups at YWCA..
      Among the touchy isues..were
      1 How to PARALISE..Demonstaration
      2 Can webe free with kikuyusin kisumu.
      3 Benefits and Loses in Demos.

      Demonstration..got..3 votes out of 30 voters..so NO
      Demonstratin won.
      We have made astep..to recruit over 1,000more in less
      than..2 weeks i kisumu.

      Fundings.
      Thanksto all....who surported..thiswasthe first...very
      expensive because of last minute rush.
      Hall KSH 500
      Air time 500
      Transport 1000
      Bottled water and sodas 1250 to participants
      Writing materials...300
      seats 300
      Ribonns 200
      Total 4150ksh.
      Iused my camerafor pictures ..that ..I Will..soon
      send ..to all.

      Astory of Maurice moved allhe was adriver with Bata
      but was sent away becauese he was not ...of the
      comunity around..hisfriend..was killed...he isreally
      ..discouraged..he leads nyalenda base..Nownhe rides
      boda bodatransport.

      leaders ...names..many did not have Cellphones.
      Maurice onyango Tel 0727873077 chiga
      Maurice oloo....0710554885 bandani

      Vincent otieno..
      George odhiambo...0735398028 Nyalenda.

      Parties/accusations.
      1 Police blamed for demos also..as inciters.
      2 Redcross..seen aspartisans..giving surport toonly
      membersof certain parties.
      3 agaoverment....only surpoting Idpsof certain
      parties.
      Demontration..lost votes today..they said
      NO..TOVIOLENCE AND DEMONSTARTION.
      We arecontinuing tomorrow..we..need more
      fundsthisgroupisso wiled anytime we meet them..they
      want food and some helpto carry fish home.
      Thanksto all
      TOMOCHUKA.

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
    • tom ochuka
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 26, 2008
[...]

        Looking for last minute shopping deals?
      • asif.daya@trainerspod.com
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 26, 2008
          Looks like they need cell phones???

          Asif

          "In times of change, learners inherit the earth while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists." - Eric Hoffer

          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 26, 2008
            Tom, Fantastic work. Kisumu will now become a priority because Kennedy
            Owino has agreed to serve as our Leader of the Lou tribe for our Pyramid
            of Peace. We will organize the Lou tribe and have a Congress in Kisumu
            in March made of those Independent Thinkers who love the Lou tribe.
            Please help us find them: dancers, singers, artists, actors, musicians,
            athletes, entrepreneurs, scientists, priests, activists, ecologists...
            The Congress will be the voice of the Lou tribe and declare the vision
            for the tribe, set and reset the traditions, and be able to come to
            agreement with whoever is in government. We will also send our
            peacemakers to the many villages to address their elders and ask them if
            they would like to give allegiance to the Pyramid of Peace or not.
            Those who do will appoint a Messenger, typically a youth with ICT skills
            who we will train and further support so we can stay in touch with the
            elders. The village will organize a volunteer security team with white
            armbands who will keep order in the village and keep the villagers from
            participating in the civil war which we are expecting. They will also
            be ready to participate in Pyramid of Peace operations.

            Asif, Yes. Who might lead with your idea to collect and send used cell
            phones?

            +370 699 30003
            Vilnius, Lithuania

            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 26, 2008
              Dear Asif and All,

              Hello and thanks, yes!  How do we go about getting a LOT more phones at the grassroots?  That's where Safaricom might help, but if there are other suggestions, that would be important too.

              One thing we could consider is similar to an information program KAIPPG has: we do have a telecenter for a central ICTs-equipped location (with some computers), but we also have a series of kiosks in outlying areas, where people can access information. We have a well-developed radio network, using radios (some Internet-enabled) and radio listening groups which meet regularly to learn abt and discuss development subjects.

              We use mobile phones, and we have some larger commercial phones which provide income for community members as they provide another means of communication. We also use cassettes and recorders (solar regenerating), and video-cams as well as photography. And we use all manner of arts to convey information.

              This requires some funding, of course, and it's a system developed over time, so we may have to start "smaller" with some phones for now. But good to "think big" about more extensive and expansive ways to convey info and keep people in touch with one another.

              Greatest thanks and blessings, Janet

              Message 6 of 17 , Feb 26, 2008
                Dear Janet:

                Looks like you are very well organized and I bet it took a lot of sweat equity and time and maybe funding. I am very impressed.

                One way to start - which is what I have done - is to mail the cell phones that you are not using - many people when they change subscribers they change cell phones - although this is not necessary - the folks in Kenya can adapt the internal workings to suit their local needs - Ricardo may know more about this. So I encourage people to first to do that.

                Then I would find out which are the easiest and cheapest to convert - from which vendor - Sprint etc. Then I would recommend the leaders of PoP to write about PoP and the need for cell phones that provide multifunctions and airtime that can be converted to these functionalities. Then I would send that to the particular HQ (headquarters) of that cell phone company or join an NGO and do it together - they can write it off if done via an NGO (in their taxes).

                That's my recommendation. Once equipped with phones then many things as you know are possible. Hope this helps.

                Message 7 of 17 , Feb 26, 2008
                  Dear Tom and All,

                  Marvelous news, and I'll network you with a few others who can help there in
                  Kisumu, some of whom you may already know. Will do that this week, and it
                  will hopefully also be helpful to Joy and OVF folks. It would be great to
                  involve also Hezekiah and Tom Obiero too (who you know), and how abt
                  Bernadette Otieno of St Rita's, who has also expressed interest?

                  There is a women's fishery nonprofit, WIFIP, who we should include as well.
                  I can think of others who fit the description Andrius is giving for
                  attendence, from artists to scientists. I will be in touch w/them, and
                  network them with you.

                  This is such an encouraging message and move towards peace, and it couldn't
                  come at a more-needed time, what with the suspension of mediation once
                  again. We pray all parties will return to the table soon!

                  Andrius, thanks for your encouragement and support. The idea of a meeting or
                  Congress in March is good. My suggestion would be for meetings to take place
                  in several locations, by which I mean something smaller and more informal,
                  so that people don't feel pressure time-wise and financially abt travelling
                  to one place (ie such as Kisumu or Nakuru for a "grand meeting").

                  These could be linked via some ICTs-related means for part of a day--so that
                  people at meetings across Kenya can communicate with one another from
                  wherever they are--with the other part of the day reserved for local
                  organizing (f2f with others at the meetings).

                  Locations could include Kisumu, Eldoret, Nakuru, Nairobi, and elsewhere as
                  interest and need determine. Those who want to or are able to travel can
                  attend any meeting they desire...this is for the larger numbers who might
                  want to go somewhere to be with others, but cannot travel longer distances.

                  Finally, for now (Andrius): the tribe you refer to is "Luo" (not "Lou"). I
                  had been thinking this was probably a typo on your part until this mail
                  today, when the word was used a number of times.

                  With thanks and greatest blessings, Janet

                  > Tom, Fantastic work. Kisumu will now become a priority because Kennedy
                  > Owino has agreed to serve as our Leader of the Lou tribe for our Pyramid
                  > of Peace. We will organize the Lou tribe and have a Congress in Kisumu
                  > in March made of those Independent Thinkers who love the Lou tribe.
                  > Please help us find them: dancers, singers, artists, actors, musicians,
                  > athletes, entrepreneurs, scientists, priests, activists, ecologists...
                  > The Congress will be the voice of the Lou tribe and declare the vision
                  > for the tribe, set and reset the traditions, and be able to come to
                  > agreement with whoever is in government. We will also send our
                  > peacemakers to the many villages to address their elders and ask them if
                  > they would like to give allegiance to the Pyramid of Peace or not.
                  > Those who do will appoint a Messenger, typically a youth with ICT skills
                  > who we will train and further support so we can stay in touch with the
                  > elders. The village will organize a volunteer security team with white
                  > armbands who will keep order in the village and keep the villagers from
                  > participating in the civil war which we are expecting. They will also
                  > be ready to participate in Pyramid of Peace operations.
                  >
                  > Asif, Yes. Who might lead with your idea to collect and send used cell
                  > phones?
                  >
                  > Andrius
                  >
                  > Andrius Kulikauskas
                  > Minciu Sodas
                  > http://www.ms.lt
                  > ms@...
                  > +370 699 30003
                  > Vilnius, Lithuania
                  >
                  > asif.daya@... wrote:
                  >> Looks like they need cell phones???
                  >>
                  >> Asif
                  >>
                  >> http://www.trainerspod.com/CMS
                  >> http://www.trainerspod.com/community
                  >> http://www.trainerspod.com/info
                  >>
                  >> Please consider the environment before printing this message.
                  >>

                  >> "In times of change, learners inherit the earth while the learned find
                  >> themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer
                  >> exists." - Eric Hoffer

                • tom ochuka
                  Message 8 of 17 , Feb 26, 2008
                    Dear All,
                    Kisumu ha agood number of ..orgs and individuals..we
                    ahe had Hezekiah leading us..he is already ready..Tom
                    Obiero.I called last evening he is too willing o join
                    us..Benedete will lead the ladies side.
                    Thanks we shall add more like he fish group,ODDESY
                    Arts of wison ouko..this is apupet group etc.
                    Its easier to work here so if its march we must get
                    one sitabl day.like wednessday and plan ahead.
                    We can oo extend to areas of SIAYA.Etc.
                    Thanks
                    TOM

                    === message truncated ===

                    Be a better friend, newshound, and
                    Message 9 of 17 , Feb 26, 2008
                      Dear Tom and All,

                      This is excellent! I hope that Wilson has been seeing posts on POP at
                      ActALIVE, the listserv of my arts coalition, ActALIVE. Interestingly, it was
                      reported back in late December that a Wilson Ouma had died in early
                      political violence.

                      I tried in vain to contact the Wilson Ouma I know, but no luck...now, it
                      turns out, I could have asked you! I will be in touch with him again, and
                      hope to mobilize more ActALIVE members throughout Kenya.

                      I will contact WIFIP (women in the fishing industry) soon and others. In the
                      meantime, it will be excellent if you can start thinking abt and planning
                      for a March meeting.

                      With greatest thanks and blessings, Janet

                      > Kisumu ha agood number of ..orgs and individuals..we
                      > ahe had Hezekiah leading us..he is already ready..Tom
                      > Obiero.I called last evening he is too willing o join
                      > us..Benedete will lead the ladies side.
                      > Thanks we shall add more like he fish group,ODDESY
                      > Arts of wison ouko..this is apupet group etc.
                      > Its easier to work here so if its march we must get
                      > one sitabl day.like wednessday and plan ahead.
                      > We can oo extend to areas of SIAYA.Etc.
                      > Thanks
                      > TOM
                      > --- Janet Feldman <kaippg@...> wrote:
                      >
                      >> Dear Tom and All,
                      >>
                      >> Marvelous news, and I'll network you with a few
                      >> others who can help there in
                      >> Kisumu, some of whom you may already know. Will do
                      >> that this week, and it
                      >> will hopefully also be helpful to Joy and OVF folks.
                      >> It would be great to
                      >> involve also Hezekiah and Tom Obiero too (who you
                      >> know), and how abt
                      >> Bernadette Otieno of St Rita's, who has also
                      >> expressed interest?
                      >>
                      >> There is a women's fishery nonprofit, WIFIP, who we
                      >> should include as well.
                      >> I can think of others who fit the description
                      >> Andrius is giving for
                      >> attendence, from artists to scientists. I will be in
                      >> touch w/them, and
                      >> network them with you.
                      >>
                      >> This is such an encouraging message and move towards
                      >> peace, and it couldn't
                      >> come at a more-needed time, what with the suspension
                      >> of mediation once
                      >> again. We pray all parties will return to the table
                      >> soon!
                      >>
                      >> Andrius, thanks for your encouragement and support.
                      >> The idea of a meeting or
                      >> Congress in March is good. My suggestion would be
                      >> for meetings to take place
                      >> in several locations, by which I mean something
                      >> smaller and more informal,
                      >> so that people don't feel pressure time-wise and
                      >> financially abt travelling
                      >> to one place (ie such as Kisumu or Nakuru for a
                      >> "grand meeting").
                      >>
                      >> These could be linked via some ICTs-related means
                      >> for part of a day--so that
                      >> people at meetings across Kenya can communicate with
                      >> one another from
                      >> wherever they are--with the other part of the day
                      >> reserved for local
                      >> organizing (f2f with others at the meetings).
                      >>
                      >> Locations could include Kisumu, Eldoret, Nakuru,
                      >> Nairobi, and elsewhere as
                      >> interest and need determine. Those who want to or
                      >> are able to travel can
                      >> attend any meeting they desire...this is for the
                      >> larger numbers who might
                      >> want to go somewhere to be with others, but cannot
                      >> travel longer distances.
                      >>
                      >> Finally, for now (Andrius): the tribe you refer to
                      >> is "Luo" (not "Lou"). I
                      >> had been thinking this was probably a typo on your
                      >> part until this mail
                      >> today, when the word was used a number of times.
                      >>
                      >> With thanks and greatest blessings, Janet

                    • Rachel Kungu

                        > Kisumu ha agood number of ..orgs and individuals..we
                        > ahe had Hezekiah leading us..he is already ready..Tom
                        > Obiero.I called last evening he is too willing o join
                        > us..Benedete will lead the ladies side.
                        > Thanks we shall add more like he fish group,ODDESY
                        > Arts of wison ouko..this is apupet group etc.
                        > Its easier to work here so if its march we must get
                        > one sitabl day.like wednessday and plan ahead.
                        > We can oo extend to areas of SIAYA.Etc.
                        > Thanks
                        > TOM
                        > --- Janet Feldman <kaippg@...> wrote:
                        >
                        >> Dear Tom and All,
                        >>
                        >> Marvelous news, and I'll network you with a few
                        >> others who can help there in
                        >> Kisumu, some of whom you may already know. Will do
                        >> that this week, and it
                        >> will hopefully also be helpful to Joy and OVF folks.
                        >> It would be great to
                        >> involve also Hezekiah and Tom Obiero too (who you
                        >> know), and how abt
                        >> Bernadette Otieno of St Rita's, who has also
                        >> expressed interest?
                        >>
                        >> There is a women's fishery nonprofit, WIFIP, who we
                        >> should include as well.
                        >> I can think of others who fit the description
                        >> Andrius is giving for
                        >> attendence, from artists to scientists. I will be in
                        >> touch w/them, and
                        >> network them with you.
                        >>
                        >> This is such an encouraging message and move towards
                        >> peace, and it couldn't
                        >> come at a more-needed time, what with the suspension
                        >> of mediation once
                        >> again. We pray all parties will return to the table
                        >> soon!
                        >>
                        >> Andrius, thanks for your encouragement and support.
                        >> The idea of a meeting or
                        >> Congress in March is good. My suggestion would be
                        >> for meetings to take place
                        >> in several locations, by which I mean something
                        >> smaller and more informal,
                        >> so that people don't feel pressure time-wise and
                        >> financially abt travelling
                        >> to one place (ie such as Kisumu or Nakuru for a
                        >> "grand meeting").
                        >>
                        >> These could be linked via some ICTs-related means
                        >> for part of a day--so that
                        >> people at meetings across Kenya can communicate with
                        >> one another from
                        >> wherever they are--with the other part of the day
                        >> reserved for local
                        >> organizing (f2f with others at the meetings).
                        >>
                        >> Locations could include Kisumu, Eldoret, Nakuru,
                        >> Nairobi, and elsewhere as
                        >> interest and need determine. Those who want to or
                        >> are able to travel can
                        >> attend any meeting they desire...this is for the
                        >> larger numbers who might
                        >> want to go somewhere to be with others, but cannot
                        >> travel longer distances.
                        >>
                        >> Finally, for now (Andrius): the tribe you refer to
                        >> is "Luo" (not "Lou"). I
                        >> had been thinking this was probably a typo on your
                        >> part until this mail
                        >> today, when the word was used a number of times.
                        >>
                        >> With thanks and greatest blessings, Janet

                        • Rhone Odhiambo
                          Message 12 of 17 , Feb 27, 2008
                            Hi Every badi,
                            well am ok and living safe.am still in naivasha and
                            now am doing logistics for the Idp camps here[2]
                            stadium and kedong.
                            well i have been having interviews and discussions
                            with youths,women and old people here apart from the
                            volunteering with Red Cross to be able to get the idea
                            of violence and how it started and whats the thought
                            of the people here.these guys have been having
                            positive reception but ithink because of the red cross
                            which am in.
                            i am planning to start reading classes on a small book
                            called the value of peace writen by Mary Joseph,which
                            i bought at 100shillings about $1.5,i have made
                            photocopies for about 25 books for youths and people
                            to read.my first reading session will be on thursday
                            at 2pm at the kedong camp site with schoold children
                            in the camp.
                            i am now engaging some of the redcross volunteers to
                            start a sports team and we are planning for have the
                            first match between us the volunteers and the idps in
                            the camp also next week and spend a night with them in
                            the camp site,then later ask the public teams to join
                            to try and reduce tension then try and see if we can
                            manage both camps play one game though it will be
                            tough to convince them.well iknow its cold ou there
                            and i will miss my warm room and blanket but for peace
                            in kenya i will do any thing.am now sourcing for more
                            ball for such and more photo copies of the book.
                            well about my family we are still displaced and we are
                            not yet feeling safe to go home but strong we will
                            stand for kenya with or without a home.
                            PEACE FOR ALL IN KENYA
                            Ron
                            > Kisumu/Wilson Ouma is an ActALIVE member!
                            >

                            > Dear all for those in Kisumu,
                            >
                            > Kindly call this number and arrange on the
                            > training you can attend with the organisers who are
                            > already in Kisumu 0722901170 asap
                            >
                            > Rachel
                            >

                            > On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 9:18 AM, Janet Feldman
                            > <kaippg@...> wrote:
                            >
                            > Dear Tom and All,
                            >
                            > This is excellent! I hope that Wilson has been
                            > seeing posts on POP at
                            > ActALIVE, the listserv of my arts coalition,
                            > ActALIVE. Interestingly, it was
                            > reported back in late December that a Wilson
                            > Ouma had died in early
                            > political violence.
                            >
                            > I tried in vain to contact the Wilson Ouma I
                            > know, but no luck...now, it
                            > turns out, I could have asked you! I will be in
                            > touch with him again, and
                            > hope to mobilize more ActALIVE members
                            > throughout Kenya.
                            >
                            > I will contact WIFIP (women in the fishing
                            > industry) soon and others. In the
                            > meantime, it will be excellent if you can start
                            > thinking abt and planning
                            > for a March meeting.
                            >
                            > With greatest thanks and blessings, Janet

                          • ronald omondi
                            Message 13 of 17 , Feb 29, 2008
                              Hello Tom
                              Its very good for the work that you have done for Kisumu so far. Its alos very encouraging by the groups of people who you have managed to bring on board and those who have assisted you during the most difficult times in of the turmoil of our beloved city to this time that we are now celebrating  the deal that has been reached .
                              I would wish to make  you aware that  Kisumu is the  capital of Nyanza Province and that should be taken into consideration when we plan for this Luo council meeting,if we dont get people from other regions of far and wide like Southern part of Nyanza where  Sam Kongere, Jacktone Arija  and DAn Otedo come from then PoP might miss out on the larger grassroot capture that the peace initiative is supposed to take, Siaya and Bondo should also be incorporated and we have a full house of the Luo council Meeting.
                              LEt me know the day that you have set aside for the planning meeting where all this issues can be addressed.
                              I must say that at last we have seen the hand of God in kenya and Peace once again shall return to our land
                              Blessings

                              --- Janet Feldman <kaippg@earthlink. net> wrote:

                              > Dear Tom and All,
                              >
                              > Marvelous news, and I'll network you with a few
                              > others who can help there in
                              > Kisumu, some of whom you may already know. Will do
                              > that this week, and it
                              > will hopefully also be helpful to Joy and OVF folks.
                              > It would be great to
                              > involve also Hezekiah and Tom Obiero too (who you
                              > know), and how abt
                              > Bernadette Otieno of St Rita's, who has also
                              > expressed interest?
                              >
                              > There is a women's fishery nonprofit, WIFIP, who we
                              > should include as well.
                              > I can think of others who fit the description
                              > Andrius is giving for
                              > attendence, from artists to scientists. I will be in
                              > touch w/them, and
                              > network them with you.
                              >
                              > This is such an encouraging message and move towards
                              > peace, and it couldn't
                              > come at a more-needed time, what with the suspension
                              > of mediation once
                              > again. We pray all parties will return to the table
                              > soon!
                              >
                              > Andrius, thanks for your encouragement and support.
                              > The idea of a meeting or
                              > Congress in March is good. My suggestion would be
                              > for meetings to take place
                              > in several locations, by which I mean something
                              > smaller and more informal,
                              > so that people don't feel pressure time-wise and
                              > financially abt travelling
                              > to one place (ie such as Kisumu or Nakuru for a
                              > "grand meeting").
                              >
                              > These could be linked via some ICTs-related means
                              > for part of a day--so that
                              > people at meetings across Kenya can communicate with
                              > one another from
                              > wherever they are--with the other part of the day
                              > reserved for local
                              > organizing (f2f with others at the meetings).
                              >
                              > Locations could include Kisumu, Eldoret, Nakuru,
                              > Nairobi, and elsewhere as
                              > interest and need determine. Those who want to or
                              > are able to travel can
                              > attend any meeting they desire...this is for the
                              > larger numbers who might
                              > want to go somewhere to be with others, but cannot
                              > travel longer distances.
                              >
                              > Finally, for now (Andrius): the tribe you refer to
                              > is "Luo" (not "Lou"). I
                              > had been thinking this was probably a typo on your
                              > part until this mail
                              > today, when the word was used a number of times.
                              >
                              > With thanks and greatest blessings, Janet

                              RONALD OTIENO OMONDI
                              NYANDO DISTRCIT YOUTH INITIATIVE
                              P O BOX 1 AWASI, KISUMU
                              KENYA.
                              TEL 254 722 480 811

                            • tom ochuka
                              Message 14 of 17 , Mar 1, 2008
                                Hallo Ron,
                                Yes infact kisumu acity..is just big that Even he
                                Asians here speak dholuo..all who live and work in
                                kisumu.come fro different Region including the
                                neighbouring luanda and muhoroni ,kercho kissi ad
                                all..at the same time all who lie and work here..ca
                                speak if they are ready of peace from there
                                comunities..Can you pleae see Kenns posting on
                                bioregions..we wish to have kisumu..be in nyanza not
                                asparate state.
                                Hope all w il be well tahnks.
                                Are u in muhoroni?
                                Where are you based now?

                                === message truncated ===

                                http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                              • Hannington Otieno
                                Message 15 of 17 , Mar 1, 2008
                                  Hi Ronald,
                                  My name is Hannington, not a coonstant distributor but nevertheless a keen follower of activities of PoP and part of the PoP family. I have been following the discussions on Kisumu meetings with keen interest and im just asking myself what the people down there who were displaced and now have no jobs - especially the youth are planning to engage in.
                                  Maybe you should start introducing the idea of entrepreneurship in your discussions and help them start thinking of starting small businesses.
                                  I know the goverment has a youth fund for young people to do businesses with and i know of people who have managed to change their lives after making use of those funds. What do you think???
                                  Food for thought....................
                                  Hannington

                                  tom ochuka <tomochuka@yahoo. com> wrote:
> [...]

                                  > for part of a day--so that
                                  > people at meetings across Kenya can communicate with
                                  > one another from
                                  > wherever they are--with the other part of the day
                                  > reserved for local
                                  > organizing (f2f with others at the meetings).
                                  >
                                  > Locations could include Kisumu, Eldoret, Nakuru,
                                  > Nairobi, and elsewhere as
                                  > interest and need determine. Those who want to or
                                  > are able to travel can
                                  > attend any meeting they desire...this is for the
                                  > larger numbers who might
                                  > want to go somewhere to be with others, but cannot
                                  > travel longer distances.
                                  >
                                  > Finally, for now (Andrius): the tribe you refer to
                                  > is "Luo" (not "Lou"). I
                                  > had been thinking this was probably a typo on your
                                  > part until this mail
                                  > today, when the word was used a number of times.
                                  >
                                  > With thanks and greatest blessings, Janet

                                • Hezekiah Nyaranga
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Mar 1, 2008
                                    Dear Ronald,Hannington,Tom.
                                    we as the youths have a duty to ensure that we do not
                                    engage in activities that can put our lives and the
                                    lives of other kenyans at risk.This meeting to me
                                    looks like a good starting point and it will help to
                                    create an avenue for healing process.
                                    We need to reach out to several corners of the
                                    province and be able to involve as many youths as
                                    possible.I know it will be difficult if we dont have
                                    enough funds to do networking but still we can do the
                                    best.
                                    Am available for any meeting and would like input from
                                    all concerned members of this forum.In my community
                                    alone 29 houses were burnt down and there is need to
                                    bring the families affected to accept the situation
                                    and forge ahead.
                                    We have work to do and we must do it now.
                                    My telephone contact is mobile 0724068282, office
                                    0202030570

                                    Hezekiah
                                    --- Hannington Otieno <tonnydulo@...> wrote:

> [...]
                                    > with
                                    > > one another from
                                    > > wherever they are--with the other part of the day
                                    > > reserved for local
                                    > > organizing (f2f with others at the meetings).
                                    > >
                                    > > Locations could include Kisumu, Eldoret, Nakuru,
                                    > > Nairobi, and elsewhere as
                                    > > interest and need determine. Those who want to or
                                    > > are able to travel can
                                    > > attend any meeting they desire...this is for the
                                    > > larger numbers who might
                                    > > want to go somewhere to be with others, but
                                    > cannot
                                    > > travel longer distances.
                                    > >
                                    > > Finally, for now (Andrius): the tribe you refer
                                    > > is "Luo" (not "Lou"). I
                                    > > had been thinking this was probably a typo on
                                    > your
                                    > > part until this mail
                                    > > today, when the word was used a number of times.
                                    > >
                                    > > With thanks and greatest blessings, Janet

                                    === message truncated ===

                                    Message 17 of 17 , Mar 3, 2008
                                      Hi Hezekiah,Ronald,Tom and others.
                                      I admit the urgent need to tackle the Kisumu issue and I couldnt agree better on the fact that the time is now that these issues need to be looked into with the involvement of the wider community. I still remember with sadness the destruction that befell our regional capital - Kisumu, and the wider Nyanza province as buildings went up in flames.
                                      Im available for the meetings and any form of discussion on the issues.
                                      My telephone number is 0721533985.
                                      Lets keep this discussion going and deliberate the issues soberly bearing in mind Political machinations and the place of elders in the luo culture.
                                      The future belongs to us and any positive change that will come to our community should start with us - the youth, as it will greatly benefit us in our later lives and those of our children.
                                      Lastly my gratitude to the entire PoP family for pouring out your hearts to Kenya in our greatest time of need we are not yet there but we can see light at the end of the tunnel. May God reward the great hearts, Minds and Souls that are part of this great Group and enable us to continue embracing these great yet noble assignments as indipendent thinkers.
                                      Peace
                                      Hannington

                                      --- Hannington Otieno <tonnydulo@yahoo. com> wrote:

> [...]
                                      > with
                                      > > one another from
                                      > > wherever they are--with the other part of the day
                                      > > reserved for local
                                      > > organizing (f2f with others at the meetings).
                                      > >
                                      > > Locations could include Kisumu, Eldoret, Nakuru,
                                      > > Nairobi, and elsewhere as
                                      > > interest and need determine. Those who want to or
                                      > > are able to travel can
                                      > > attend any meeting they desire...this is for the
                                      > > larger numbers who might
                                      > > want to go somewhere to be with others, but
                                      > cannot
                                      > > travel longer distances.
                                      > >
                                      > > Finally, for now (Andrius): the tribe you refer
                                      > > is "Luo" (not "Lou"). I
                                      > > had been thinking this was probably a typo on
                                      > your
                                      > > part until this mail
                                      > > today, when the word was used a number of times.
                                      > >
                                      > > With thanks and greatest blessings, Janet

                                      === message truncated ===

                                      Looking for last minute shopping deals?