Re: [holistichelping] Maria-Sam-All: Great to Hear You're in Kenya (and all news)/Nafsi Acrobats

  • samuel kongere
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 14, 2006
      Dear Janet, Andrius, Ken, Bernadette and all,

      Thanks for all the members in the list for the communication , we both feel very happy to inform you all that we were successfull in reaching Kisumu and met the team there together. We were able to meet Benta Bwana, Charles Aboge, Bernadette Otieno and there was an inspiring talk between us.

      Maria Agnese is compiling the report and will send it to all in the forum following this in few days, she has more reports to send through, we wish you all the best time and Maria Agnese is living on 16th Aug to Dar es salaam for ten days then back to italy.
      She cannot open her email and so you can share with us what you have.

      Best regards,
      Maria Agnese and Samwel.

      Janet Feldman <kaippg@...> wrote:
      Dear Maria, Sam, and All,

      Excellent to read that you are in Kenya, that Sam has his laptop, and these
      marvelous notes from Maria abt your trip, and Nafsi!! My other "hat" is as
      founder/director of ActALIVE (www.actalive. org), an arts coalition whose
      members use the arts and media to address HIV/AIDS and development issues.
      So the work of Nafsi is right up my artistic alley, so to speak, and I do
      know Dagoretti and some of the groups working there. How wonderful that
      they want to do outreach, travel, and about all of their uplifting
      activities for/with youth!

      Another working there is AMREF, and they have used arts and similar
      activities to help youth affected by HIV/AIDS in Dagoretti. Specifically
      performance, and one called "Black Pinocchio", which the youth performed in
      Kenya and then in Italy!! Here is the url for more on this, and it sounds
      like there are some close connections between Italy and Dagoretti, which I
      hope we can utilize.

      I have sent a separate note to all Kenyans interested in meeting in Kisumu,
      and am sure you will have a terrific time there too. Will be eager for
      updates when you can give them, and greatest thanks to you for
      everything!! !! Blessings always, Janet