Wikipedias in African Languages: Great to See Your Interest, Wendi!!

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 11, 2006
      Hello Dear Wendi and All,

      Fantastic to see you posting, and to know of your interest!  I've been thinking of you in any case, and did try to find a way to help on the transport issue for the conference, but no airlines seem to want to transport individuals (unless they can pay for the ticket, of course!). Ditto computers...I have now tried 5 places, with no luck (airlines programs).

      On a website for Actwid (abt which you expressed enthusiasm), that is something else, and I hope that we can find a way to help you create one!!  I will be back to you sometime this month on that, as technically I am "away" (from this machine) at the moment.

      And on the Wikipedia project, I have signed up for this group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/afrophonewikis  and think that Wendi and anyone interested should too, because they are talking abt building their core membership at this time, so signing up and making yourself known will get you in on the ground floor, so to speak.

      I'll cycle back to this as soon as I can, and in the meantime, if there is other interest here I hope people will follow suit, and/or make suggestions about how to approach this work, individually and collectively (including a benefit-to-time spent analysis, perhaps!).

      With blessings and love, Janet

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 16, 2006
        Dear Janet,
        Thank you for writing to me and others at actwid
        kongadzem concerning your attempts to get an
        airline.It failed soshecould not make it there. So,
        for joining wikipedias in African languages. We all
        are interested to see how it works.
        Thanks foryour encouragement.We shall be grateful to
        you if you can push the computerand website /internet
        access for us.Whatever is possible will remain as a
        milestone to us all here.
        Best regards fromall of us and hope you enjoy your
        time at the conference in Toronto?
        Sincerely Wendi and members.

        http://mail.yahoo.com