Something Interesting to Note (and perhaps work on): Wikipedias in African Languages

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 10, 2006

      One outcome of the just concluded "Wikimania" conference in Cambridge, Mass. (US) http://wikimania2006.wikimedia.org/ was discussion among several people (there and online) about how to facilitate development of Wikipedias in African languages.

      This discussion resulted in the creation of a new list for discussion and coordination among all interested in whatever indigenous language(s) of the continent, and in making Wikipedia (and educational applications of ICT generally) more relevant and useful to Africa and all Africans. Dubbed "AfrophoneWikis" the list has its homepage at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/afrophonewikis/ . There are several links to relevant Wikimania and Wikipedia pages on the site.

      Don Osborn
      Bisharat.net
      PanAfrican Localisation (PAL) project

    • ACTWID KONGADZEM
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 11, 2006
        Dear Janet,
        I have just read your posting on Wikipedias in African
        languages. I am interested to join this and work on if
        you can recommend me .Thanks
        Sincerely,Wendi .ACTWID KONGADZEM National
        president

        http://mail.yahoo.com