Re: [holistichelping] I hope you join me and Kennedy on Wednseday 9th Aug

  • Maria Agnese Giraudo
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 7, 2006
      Dear Samwel,
      In Nairobi I have to change travel cheques in a bank, at the airport too, then we can go to buy the laptop. Decide you if we have to sleep in Nairobi or go suddently to Mbita. I trust you, you know what is better. Of course i would like to go as soon as possible there ans  save money. Please book or buy bus tickets, I'll refund  you later.
      Kwaheri!
      Maria Agnese Giraudo

      samuel kongere <samkongere2004@...> ha scritto:
      Dear maria Agnese,

      As, it is we are meeting with you on 9Th and then plan our movement in Kenya and your destination to Mbita. I am already in Nairobi and waiting to meet you on Wednesday as we planned, if it is necessary to book for a hotel for one night you can let me know, we can either move to  and then meet the members in Kisumu later.

      Anything new on your side is appreciated and we need to make a good impact for your visit improve more networks and new members.

      Thanks
      Samwel

      MBITA  040305-KENYA.
      Cell: +254 725 600 439
      Computer specielist
      Community Development

      Do You Yahoo!?
      http://mail. yahoo.com

    • samuel kongere
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 11, 2006

        Dear Janet, Charles, Bernadette and All,

        I need to take this opportunity to tell members that we were in Nairobi on 9th AUG and through Maria Agnese generosity to me, she bought me a wonderful Laptop which is not going to Help me a lone but will spearhead the work we do for our Communities together, I thank Andrius, Janet, Maria Agnese for the good collaboration and network. I am thankful to this wonderful desire for my success. Maria Is doing well in RUSINGA Island. Thank you Maria Agnese Live long and help others.

        I am glad as anybody else in the list to inform you that Maria Agnese Giraudo is already in Kenya and we arrived in Rusinga Island yesterday while very tired and we could not visit anybody, for this matter. We planned to visit our group Udogo youth development group and our Association Rusinga Island Child and Family programme where she is to see our activities and the impact we have in the community as a whole.

        From here we are to meet Ken Onyango and learn to share his activities in ICT,
        We are very sorry for the misinformation to the members for the Kisumu meeting we are planning to go there on 14th AUG so please organise this meeting at around 11 a.m or 12 pm you can decide where to meet all the members.

        We apologise for the poor communication and Maria Agnese from tomorrow will send a report of the already visited areas. You can give us details of how to meet there in Kisumu My cell phone number is +254 725 600 439 and we will take the Lwanda Kotieno route to Kisumu.

        So Bernadette, Charles, and the rest can meet us there,

        Have a good day
        Samwel

        MBITA  040305-KENYA.
        Cell: +254 725 600 439
        Computer specielist
        Community Development

      • Maria Agnese Giraudo
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 12, 2006
          Dear all,
          i want to thank everybody  of the list , at first Andrius and Janet for their help and assistance in my travel. I'm in Rusinga Island with Sawuel and  I'm so positively impressed by the beauty of the place and the by  the people I met since my arrival on the 10th...at first by Samwel!
           In Nairobi I met a group of yougs "Nafsi Africa Acrobats" who perform as acrobats. They teach acrobatics to street children in Nairobi slums. I could meet some children and assist at a lesson. I'll remeber it forever...
          I'll send you soon information of the group of acrobas. They'll come soon to Italy  and are intersted in contacting associations or group to arrange other performance in Europe.
          Contact:  Ken Owind                 nafsiafricaacro@...
          I'll send you soon also reports of meetings with a group of women, with the Responsible of CCF  in Ruginsa and the group of Youngs. Yesterday  I met Kennedy Onyango and we are  talking about  how to improve our ICT skills and about printing on demand. Tomorrow we'll meet again and we'll send a report next days.
          On monday 14th  we'll go to Kisumu to meet other people. I'm sorry for misunderstandigs. I'm very happy to meet them and I'apologize for  poor communication with people interested in the project of "printing in demand". I hope we keep  in touch.
          Bye!
[...]

          From here we are to meet Ken Onyango and learn to share his activities in ICT,

          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 12, 2006

            NAFSI AFRIKA'S STREET CHILDREN REHABILITATION PROGRAMME.

              Nafsi Afrika acrobats is a name coined from a swahili word meaning
            the soul of Afrika.
            It was started in 2002 but dully registered in 2005 with the Ministry
            of culture and social services.
            The group is based in Dagoretti constituency of
            Nairobi
            and run their
            activities from their offices in kabiria-satellitte(
            Nairobi
            ).
            Most of them having limited educational background and from poor
            backgrounds(up-brought in the slum's setting), experienced the harsh life in
            the ghetto and occasionally got trapped in drugs and  crime
            influences.
            After  bumping into each other and realising that they were blessed
            with smilar artistic skills that they would exploit for a livelihood,
            Nafsi Afrika acrobats was born.
            After six years of succesfull existence as a family of seven, they saw
            the need of projecting and leaving a mark in the community.
            Setting an example to be emulated by fellow youths in
            Kenya
            .
            Street families  being a big problem in
            Kenya
            , and witnessing street
            kids graduating into hard-core criminals and ending up being gunned down
            they felt concerned and initiated a programme to address street
            childrens' plight.
            There exist a strong attachment between us and the kids as most of them
            are from families we know and we can relate with them easily in their
            language, having been from similar backgrounds.
            Currently the programme is run from three training centers in the
            Ghettos;Kawangware Lutheran church,Waithaka social hall and Daggoretti
            market training grounds.
            The problem the groups faces currenly is intergrating, sustaining and
            keeping the kids together always as it forces us to respond to some of
            their daily needs as in feeding them, and providing them with clothings.
            Due to the above problem most of them are on and off, forcing as to
            reach out to them and search them always for training.
            In the near future the group plans to set up a day care center from
            where all activities shall be run and some of the children's basic needs
            responded to.

            Nafsi Afrika street children outreach programme is designed to capacity
            build street children and empower them on gainful livelihood in the
            field of arts and arts – related activities in the city and it’s environ.
            Emphasis is put on developing the capacity of the street children and
            other unfortunate youths to participate, as appropriate, in urban
            poverty reduction responsibilities, and also elimination of such vices like
            crime and drug abuse. Its rationale lies in the provision of a
            friendly approach to training opportunities in acrobatics, dance,
            music, drama, and fine arts and crafts.

            PROJECT MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
            The overall aim of this project is to provide artistic empowerment
            services to street children, especially those most vulnerable, residing in
            Nairobi
            , aged 3 to 26 years.

              VISION
            Nairobi
            ,
            Nafsi Afrika acrobats empowers the street wise generation to have
            ownership of the reformation and development process and be agents of
            transformation in the city of
            Nairobi
            .

              MISSION
            To facilitate the empowerment of the street children in the city to
            have greater ownership of the development and reformation process through
            disseminating relevant information, imparting appropriate skills and
            formation of performing teams, so that the competence and professional
            qualification achieved, may be placed at the service of these children
            and street youths, thus contributing to the development of the city of
            Nairobi and assist in prevention or alleviation of the street children
            and steet youths or rather street families problem.
            The street children and street youthful generation need to acquire or
            exploit their relevant artistic skills to help them take decisions and
            actions that give them more control of their own lives and thus enable
            them participate actively in the boarder development process instead of
            graduating into car jackers, bank robbers, muggers, conmen, or
            criminals.

              Area of focus for the project includes:
            a) Participates in the outreaches, identification, consolidation,
            convincing, training and evaluation of training progress and the training
            programmes. providing in particular, assistance in training and
            facilitation of traininig equipments and props.
            b) Assist in providing, or help in negotiating for show
            employment-counseling services to competent groups and in particular, in job search
            and marketing of their artistic careers.
            c) Assist in coordination of contract opportunities and in the
            formulation of job opportunities matrix, which links employers or agents with
            artists job seekers.
            d) Assist in identifying /soliciting for existing donors and
            coordinating referrals of   the formed acrobatics and dance groups with willing
            donors and employers.

              In specific the project has been designed to address the following
            basic components:
            To provide Contracts ,a plat-form for artistic improvement and
            marketing, employment opportunities so as to have more access to job markets
            to these artistically endowed street children and street youths.

            To promote and empower the street children and youths with relevant
            information and  artistic skills on employment creation.

            To undertake activities geared toward preventing criminality among the
            street children and youths.

            To assess street children and youths  needs.

            To reduce street children and youths vulnerability especially those
            residing in the urban areas and ghetto settings by initiating programmes
            that address their plight.

            To develop a network of street kids and youth, youth organizations,
            government (through the local administration), N.G.O's,Arts agents and
            employers.

            To provide up-to date information and involve the street children and
            youths in the following areas -:
            Employment
            Culture and sports
            Health
            Education and training
            Environment
            IT training
            INTERVENTIONS:
            Interventions can be through three key-ways:
            Through supporting the economic and social development efforts in
            different sectors, in particular those, which stimulate a demand for
            self-reliance, such as  basic education besides arts training for the Street
            children to improve financially,

            Through productive dialogue between all the children involved  and not
            involved in the project  with the aim of forging effective
            understanding of the causes, reasons and consequences of any activity undertaken.

            Through assisting in the rehabilitation process, improving of poverty
            alleviation activities for all and capacity build the disadvantaged, as
            in using the same rehabilitated street children in outreaching for, and
            recruiting more street children.

            Currently besides the actual acrobatics and dance training that Nafsi
            Acrobats extend to these children volutarilly, The group also negotiate
            and invite experts and stake holders in other artistic fields and also
            organisations involved with youth development, to extend workshop
            programmes to these children and youths.

            Contact: KEN OWINO nafsiafricaacro@...

          • Benoit
            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 12, 2006

              Hi everyone,

              Could we all keep our minds open to build a promotional strategy to frame succesfully the following idea that I just sent to Ken Owino to get the funding for his work.  After the copy of the letter to Ken, I share my thoughts on how I think Minciu Sodas can get positioned as servants to the cause. ----------------------------

              Dear Ken Owino,

              I got to know of your work this morning by reading these 2 letters:

              In case you had not heard, there is an acrobatic circus that originated from Montréal's street which has grown into an industry with schools and permanent stages being constructed all around the world.  They had their beginning when a politician who was running to become Premier of the province of Québec was walking by the street performers and one of the performers said to him:  "Give me 5000 dollars and I'll show you what we can do."
              That politician got elected and kept his word by giving the initial 5000 dollars.  Now, this guy is billionaire and he delegated work to very competent staff.  They now entertain all around the planet and they support causes like yours, for the sake of developing creative talents from everywhere.
              So I urge you to start asking how you could become associated with Guy Laliberté, owner of The Cirque du Soleil and with their operation.  Once you start reaching out, if you get a negative answer, keep on asking how you could interest them better next time you go return to ask, and keep on making a case for yourself and your cause until you strike the right note.
              Support of the right kind ought to come into your mission and why not from the people who do the same  work as you do?  http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/CirqueDuSoleil/en/company/default.htm
              God bless you with your mission and with the funding,

              ...all blessings be with us all
              Benoit Couture

              PROMOTIONAL IDEA BASED ON KEN OWINO'S WORK

              As servants to the cause, I suggest that we, all of Minciu Sodas' variety look at Ken's work as a natural African catalysing lenses of all of our potential to build the cultural bridge of inspiration, peace and creativity, designed to feed and to move on with Humanity's Recovery Road of Health-Education-Correction, for all to behold.  By helping Ken to create a short documentary, we could then add to the documentary, a virtual view of what this could become, once all relevant personal and communal angles  get to be adressed from one small band of acrobats to the whole continent.  The virtual view that I speak of is one to be made of all the African ground people who are brewing their thoughts amongst us at the lab, from their respective fields of activities like Samuel, Helen, Janet, Maria and the people of the One Foundation in Cameron that Jeff mentioned recently and all the others.  In other words, the virtual view added to Ken's work is rooted in the experience of real people who are on the front line.  Virtual view is a mean by which to accomodate their vision capacity and by grafting how to proceed with lazer sharp precision in what our skills has to offer  to connect the scalability of the opportunity from micro to macro.  Once equipped with the basic documentary from Ken's work and the virtual view of what Minciu Sodas' thinking can do from such reality, we then apply ourselves to draw the attention of Québec's population by aiming on the air for Guy Laliberté and Cirque du Soleil, via the network of television people who work to help Africa in Québec, Canada.  This offers a perfect avenue to  the French Minciu Sodas yahoo group to join the lab's work directly Back To The Root, a the heart of the connection from the One Village with the Global Villages, catalysing all of our essences into the enrgy of inspiration and of pure execution.  So in order to launch the world wide campaign available from Ken's basic work, I suggest that we aim to do so in the province of Québec as a starting point, so as to invite Cirque du Soleil to shine along with us; we'll then be positioned to quickly  move to add English Canada, unfolding a campaign to draw the support for the development from the virtual picture of Minciu Sodas' promotion to the ground development of the tasks at hand.  From a united dynamic of English-French, we then are positioned to serve the whole spectrum of the other languages offered because the UN's official languages is English-French.  In conclusion, I view that from NAFSI AFRIKA'S STREET CHILDREN REHABILITATION PROGRAMME can be unleash peace, good health and happiness according to the measure of the Solemn Beauty of Being Human answering The Ancient Voice of Humanity's Youth in the fluid adaptation of Common Sense, surfing freely upon the improvisation waves within the currency of times!!!...  The orchard of thoughts is ready to yield some of its produce into materialization...let it be I pray...Amen....

              Thank you,  Benoit Couture