A thousand seeds

  • Pamela McLean
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2008
      Dear Andrius

      I love your image of a thousand seeds. Maybe some of the seeds have already taken root, but are not showing above ground yet - the slow growing ones are the ones are worth waiting for. . Mustard and cress germinates in no time at all..  but how long does the crop last?

      I am encouraged by two emails I have had. asking for further information about what we are doing.

      One is from someone working on an article on aid to Africa. He sent a group email asking "Anybody got any statistics? I need to know especially how great a percentage of raised money remains in the country of origin for administration costs." So I told him about Pyramid of Peace. It turns that we met a couple of years ago. He wants to  discuss a strategy towards getting MPs to support these type of initiatives as opposed to the overhead infested activities of the bigger charities. He thinks legislation is the answer. (I wonder if that is legislation for transparency - it would suit us well.)

      The other email is from Peter Day. He has  a small group of students who start studying
      communications and development next week for about 3 months. He has asked me to go and tell them more about the Minciu Sodas Pyramid of Peace.

      He can only pay my travel and we have not arranged a date yet, but we will try to. Perhaps some seeds may take root there.

      Pam
    • Joy Tang
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2008
        Dear Pam, Andrius and All,

        I was just introduced to an application 'Many Eyes' that could support:
        1. View and discuss visualizations
        2. View and discuss data sets
        3. Create visualizations from existing data sets

        https://services.alphaworks.ibm.com/manyeyes/browse/visualizations

        I anticipate the needs to provide statistics to support the on-going
        effort of the work related to 'Pyramid of Peace.'

        in Peace and Unity,
        Joy

        --- In holistichelping@yahoogroups.com, "Pamela McLean" <pam54321@...>
        wrote:

        > Dear Andrius
        >
        > I love your image of a thousand seeds. Maybe some of the seeds have
        already
        > taken root, but are not showing above ground yet - the slow growing
        ones are
        > the ones are worth waiting for. . Mustard and cress germinates in no
        time at
        > all.. but how long does the crop last?
        >
        > I am encouraged by two emails I have had. asking for further information
        > about what we are doing.
        >
        > One is from someone working on an article on aid to Africa. He sent
        a group
        > email asking "Anybody got any statistics? I need to know especially how
        > great a percentage of raised money remains in the country of origin for
        > administration costs." So I told him about Pyramid of Peace. It
        turns that
        > we met a couple of years ago. He wants to discuss a strategy towards
        > getting MPs to support these type of initiatives as opposed to the
        overhead
        > infested activities of the bigger charities. He thinks legislation
        is the
        > answer. (I wonder if that is legislation for transparency - it would
        suit us
        > well.)
        >
        > The other email is from Peter Day. He has a small group of students who
        > start studying
        > communications and development next week for about 3 months. He has
        asked me
        > to go and tell them more about the Minciu Sodas Pyramid of Peace.
        >
        > He can only pay my travel and we have not arranged a date yet, but
        we will
        > try to. Perhaps some seeds may take root there.
        >
        > Pam

      • Pamela McLean
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 3, 2008
          Joy.

          I have clicked the link, but think it would take time to explore. Can you give us a summary, and your vision for using it.

          Pam