IRe: [mendenyo] Press Release DATE??

  • Pamela McLean
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2008
      Is this date correct? Is it really future - Feb 30th, or started already - Jan 30th
      Pam
      ~~~~~~~~~
      They are willing to negotiate for Peace and Justice and to show this
      commitment, they agreed to unblock the roads from 30th February and for
      the next 7days with request that;
      our online work. Send a blank message to
      holistichelping-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Kennedy Owino and all, I'm very happy with your press release. You've
      written a clear and bold statement. (Thank you, John Barbieri, for
      grammatical edits, they would help, too.) Also, I'm glad you have
      included leaders and telephone numbers. You are well organized.

      Rachel, have you heard any news from Wesley Chirchir? and the roadblocks
      near Eldoret? any progress reaching the youth there?

      I didn't see Wesley or anybody on the list from Eldoret. Is that an
      oversight or are you not in touch? I think it's crucial to show that we
      are inclusive and successful at that, as we are, but especially because
      the Kalenjin are key here. "Love your enemy" has us be extremely
      flexible. If now the Mungiki in Naivasha are our friends, then we must
      embrace the Kalenjins at Eldoret and honor them and understand why they
      might want to free the roadblocks there. Also, we certainly differ in
      many ways, but it's essential to include all who have contributed, as
      Wesley did with the roadtrip with Rono, or to discuss any problems so we
      can learn.

      Wesley, I hope you are well and please write!

      Pyramid of Peace http://www.pyramidofpeace.net
      Minciu Sodas http://www.ms.lt ms@... +370 699 30003

      PRESS RELEASE
      1st Feburuary 2008
      Posted to the Nation media
      Nairobi, Kenya

      Since the elections took place, violence has claimed hundreds of Kenyan
      lives and displaced hundreds of thousands from their homes.

      This press release carries a statement from the Naivasha Youths gathered
      in a meeting facilitated by a number of Kenyan Youth Organizations all
      united under the umbrella of "PYRAMID OF PEACE"
      Pyramid Of Peace (P.O.P) was an idea conceptualized after the post
      election turmoil that erupted in Kenya.

      It was thought by independent thinkers through their online networking
      forum called Minciu Sodas laboratory (M.S.L) http://www.ms.lt

      The idea initially was to send phone airtime to affected Kenyan M.S.L
      participants which they could later trade for food, cash, medicines and
      other necessities.

      Later as the network grew the idea further developed into sharing the
      airtime with others who were equally affected, and also encouraging
      sharing between the fighting communities in the spirit of "embracing
      ones enemy"

      The P.O.P leaders in Kenya have visited Eldoret, Nakuru, and Naivasha
      areas affected by the crisis despite the insecurity to meet their fellow
      youths.

      Why?

      Do a fact finding and reality check, and dialogue on an active non
      violence with the victims and with the real fighters unleashing terror.
      Youths are being used in the violence.

      Below is the statement from the Kikuyu youths from Naivasha.

      They are willing to negotiate for Peace and Justice and to show this
      commitment, they agreed to unblock the roads from 30th February and for
      the next 7days with request that;
      * Kalenjin youths should desist from violence immediately
      * Rift valley leaders to go back to the ground and talk to their
      constituents on what exactly devolution of power means.
      * There is no justice in causing injustice to others (killing innocent
      people, arson, and terror )
      * Willing for dialogue between Kikuyus and the Kalenjins.
      * The leaders of Kenya should recognize the youths in leadership and
      involve them in decision making.

      P.OP is requesting leaders concerned to stop saying that they are going
      to go to the ground. We have taken the initiative and risked our lives
      on voluntary basis to reach out to the fighters and the affected who are
      all willing to dialogue.

      Our leaders, please go to the ground, talk while walking, and also
      support peace initiatives on the ground.
      Kenyans, please embrace your own enemy, and put Humanity before politics.

      The Pyramid Of Peace Kenyan leaders who are drawn from various Youth
      organizations all connected together by the online forum, and their cell
      phones include;

      Rachael Wambui 0721626389 Voluntary Youth Philanthropists-Nairobi
      Kennedy Owino 0723568251 Nafsi Afrika Acrobats-Nairobi
      Dennis Kimambo 0722388275 REPACTED/ACTALIVE- Nakuru
      David .N. Mutua 0720462559 CAWD - Kenya/ Returned VSO Volunteer- Nairobi
      Samuel Kongere 0725600439 Udogo Youth Development Group-Mbita
      Tom Ochuka 0725678641 Deaf Impact Ministry-Kisumu
      Edwin Nyandisi 0722587836 Voluntary Youth Philanthropists-Nairobi
      Richard Kipore Rono 0723732617 Volunteer Elder-Kuresoi
      Perpetual Warutere 0720737693 Volunteer V.Y.P -Nairobi
      Charles Kilel 0727-281419 Volunteer Elder
      Collins Oduor 0721-637457 REPACTED - Nakuru
      Esther Ogema 0722-211126 REPACTED - Nakuru
      Ronald Odhiambo 0722-240088 Saint Egidio_ Nakuru
      Dorcas Wairimu 0727156557 Red cross volunteer
      Emmanuel Were 0721938340 Nandi hills youth group-
      Jacktone Arija 0724167280 Udogo Youth Development Group-Mbita
      Hannington Onyango 0721533985 Voluntary Youth Philanthropists-Nairobi
      Ronald Omondi 0722480811 Nyando District Youth initiative/ACTALIVE- Nyando

      For further information, link up on http://www.pyramidofpeace.net

      A Focus is being made on having a wireless internet connection for the
      community to help them have a place for information handling and
      transfer. There is motive of taking risks to help the community Develop.

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to: