Pyramid of Peace meeting and activities for the month of February

  • David mutua
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2008
      Dear Andrius and All,
      Andrius, though we had you updated of our meeting outcome, i will put down the activities we agreed on again so that other members can also be updated.

      We had a Pyramid of Peace F2F meeting today in Nairobi, that was attended by Rachel, Dennis, Ken and Myself, we all agreed on working together on the following activities this month and later, they are as follows:

      1. Press release (statement) from the Kikuyu youths of Nakuru, Naivasha and Eldoret - Ken and Rachel are doing that now and is expected to be in one of our local newspaper by tomorrow.

      2. Identify contacts of the Pyramid of Peace leaders in our target areas and convene a meeting to discuss way forward and intervation strategies of the kalenjins in the Rift valley. Possible visits also will be considered if no threats are noticed.

      3. Fact finding mission in the kalenjin areas, first by the P.R.P leaders on the ground, to find out what are the needs of the Kalenjins that needs to be addressed.

      4. Possible teleconferences (and other ICT Structures) between the Kikuyu and Karenjin youths/fighters to build convidence aimed at preparing a F2F negotiation meeting in a neutral area like Nakuru.

      5. The caravan that will address the issues  expressed by the  two groups and identified advocacy and training needs.

      We plan to develop a structured system of executing and administering this activities evidenced by documentation and accountatbility.

      Regards,

      David N. Mutua
      CAWD - Kenya/ Returned VSO Volunteer,
      ICT4D and Education Consultant.