Love is a Command for our Pyramid of Peace

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2008
      I share my first letter as Commander-in-Chief of the Pyramid of Peace
      http://www.pyramidofpeace.net

      Dennis Kimambo +254 722 388 275 called me, I called back and spoke over
      speakerphone with him, Rachel Wambui Kungu +254 721 626 389, Kennedy
      Owino +254 723 568 251, David Mutua +254 720 462 559 and a few others (I
      don't know exactly who).

      They shared their plan for immediate priorities in February:
      * Publish an advertisement in a national newspaper for the Pyramid of
      Peace. They wrote a beautiful statement which I am sure they will
      send. I urged them to add names, phone numbers, locations from around
      the country as a practical way to involve people and show that leaders
      are willing to expose themselves. 100 names or 50 names or even 10
      names, as space allows.
      * Identifying contacts for Pyramid of Peace and holding a meeting.
      * Organize a fact finding mission in the Kalenjin area.
      * Organize teleconferencing between the tribal youths.
      * Lead a Peace Caravan.

      Also important:
      * A laptop for Rachel.
      * Print T-shirts with "Humanity before Politics". (Perhaps in the many
      Kenyan languages including sign language?) I suggested that they sell
      these for-profit to pay for them and to raise money.

      I then asked what role they thought I should play. They are happy with
      my leadership. I asked if I might lead as I have and they agreed. I
      asked if the Minciu Sodas laboratory might be the distributor of funds
      for Pyramid of Peace and they agreed. I asked what should my role be
      called. They said, CEO. No, I said, I wish to be Commander. They
      laughed, but they agreed. I am the Commander-in-Chief and my key
      activity is to assign Commanders in Kenya.

      I give the name Commander to Dennis Kimambo, Kennedy Owino and Rachel
      Wambui Kungu. The title Commander is for those who have proven that
      they are able to take up the concerns of all Kenyans and lead us all in
      our response.

      We agreed that Rachel Wambui Kungu will be our Commander-of-Operations
      for the next seven days. This means that she is our leader in Kenya
      responsible for our strategy and tactics and for distributing our funds.

      I asked about the Mungiki in Nairobi and they said that they have melted
      away. I did ask them to reach out into the political structure, both
      towards the manipulators and towards the peacemakers, and include those
      who might participate in our Pyramid of Peace.

      I think it is good for the Pyramid of Peace to meet. I suggest that we
      invest in Nakuru as our center of operations because it served us all as
      a haven for peace, it includes a variety of tribes, it is centrally
      situated in the heart of the troubles, it needs attention, it keeps us
      clear of opportunists, and it gives us our own base of influence. Also,
      I think it would be good to distance ourselves from Nairobi politics.
      Let them come to us. This is just my suggestion for consideration.

      I told our leaders that they have achieved wonderful results in one
      month. I told them that if they did this for twelve months straight,
      they could lead or organize the national unity government for Kenya.
      Most likely, the government will get its act together by six months or
      so, and this won't come to happen. Our successes will make it try
      harder. I made clear our leaders' potential. I add that our focus is
      to do what the government can't do. In particular, we will respond with
      vigor to stop any hint of genocide.

      I explained what I mean by Commander. I have learned that I should
      command our leaders to take care of themselves, to provide for
      themselves, to keep a part for themselves, their families, and their own
      giving, as they judge. This is the nature of our command.

      I command myself and all of our leaders to always look after each other
      and make sure that we are getting sleep and rest as possible.

      I command myself and all of our leaders to never make or allow any
      command to take away, frustrate, harm or diminish anybody's free will or
      freedom of conscience.

      Rachel, I ask you to find a leader who will dedicate themselves to make
      sure that our leaders are taking time to rest, recover, care for
      themselves and their families, help us think in terms of the long term,
      and be ready to serve in the next emergency. I propose Samwel Kongere
      +254 725 600 439 if he is well enough because he should certainly be
      resting for some time and this would also be a good way for him to know
      our team and be ready for leadership.

      Rachel, I also ask you to find a leader for urgent causes so that we
      know who to call in the middle of the night if there is an emergency or
      if the media needs to speak to somebody.

      Rachel, please identify leaders around the country, making sure that we
      have clear leadership in Kisumu, Eldoret, Nakuru, Naivasha, Kuresoi,
      Kibera, Mombasa. I am sure you are aware of work by Samwel Kongere +254
      725 600 439, Kennedy Owino +254 723 568 251, Dennis Kimambo +254 722 388
      275, Jackton
      Arija +254 724 167 280, Collins Odour +254 721 637 457, Emmanuel Were
      +254 721 938 340, Patrick Bunyali Kamoyani +254 721 612 607, Ron
      Odhiambo +254 722 240 088, Lawrence Achami +254 720 613 379, Rono
      Richards +254 723 732 617, Wesley Chirchir +254 722 992 107, Tom Ochuka
      +254 725 678 64, David Mutua +254 720 462 559, Rachel Wambui Kungu +254
      721 626 389.

      Our online headquarters for Pyramid of Peace will be Janet Feldman's
      working group Holistic Helping
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/holistichelping/ until she and/or I state
      otherwise.

      Our leaders requested $1,250 to start on the projects they agreed on,
      especially the newspaper article. I have sent that and just a bit
      more. Ricardo, do you have a laptop that you could express mail to
      Rachel? That might save money, do you think and test your plans?

      They also agreed that I seek corporate sponsorships for our leaders. I
      said that I will seek $5,000 per month for myself and $1,000 per month
      for our Kenyan leaders and they agreed.

      In January we raised about $10,000 mostly from our participants. I aim
      for us to raise $100,000 in February. This will be quite a challenge.
      Our leaders will approach Safaricom. They agreed to use Rachel Wambui
      Kungu's +254 721 626 389 number as our central number for receiving
      credits from Safaricom and others when we need a central number.

      I will rest myself for a few days. I will watch a movie, get some
      sleep, work on my philosophy, catch up on my taxes, go to church, maybe
      draw some pictures or write some poems, visit some friends. The next two
      weeks I will focus on preparations for the COMMUNIA meeting that Minciu
      Sodas is organizing in Vilnius, Lithuania on March 31, 2008. Our topic
      is "Ethical Public Domain: Debate of Questionable Practices" and we will
      engage corporate workers ("enemies embracing enemies") with the same
      vigor as we have in Kenya so that we allow the Public Domain to have
      primacy over copyright and we prepare to enshrine this in Europe's
      constitutions. This will also be an international meeting for Minciu
      Sodas and for the Pyramid of Peace.

      I have delegated much of my authority for now. I will work on our
      online software for our Worknets system and our Pyramid of Peace audit
      system. I will need software developer volunteers. I ask Sasha Mrkailo
      to lead our online volunteers. I also ask Pamela, Maria Agnese, Asif,
      Janet, Ricardo, Benoit, Meadowlea and all to explain your leadership
      role so that we might fully integrate ourselves.

      I ask our help to raise more money. Please send it to me by PayPal at
      ms@... or follow the link at http://www.pyramidofpeace.net or by
      credit card to CAWD https://www.bmycharity.com/cawd Who might lead our
      fundraising efforts?

      Love, Peace,

      +370 699 30003
      Vilnius, Lithuania
    • asif.daya@trainerspod.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2008
        Andrius:

        I think as we pursue funding it would be nice to create a database of funding agencies that are likely to support African Development Initiatives. Next to them write down the due date and all deadlines if possible. That way every year you don't have to search for a funding agency and check it's cycle of funding. People are in different localities and thus they would get different funding agencies. Right now I have a lobbyist that working for me who gets money from Washington and our State. It is difficult to get from the State as we are competing with the Universities here. So he focuses on Washington for that. Of course there is always the World Bank but they have invested heavily in Africa already, so I don't know if they would do some more. Each of us can focus on our area and see what we find and then add that to the list. Just a suggestion.

        Asif

        "In times of change, learners inherit the earth while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists." - Eric Hoffer

[...]

        http://www.ms. lt
        ms@...
        +370 699 30003
        Vilnius, Lithuania

      • Pamela McLean
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 2, 2008

          I think it is a very good idea to separate funding of the project from funding of leadership. I also agree strongly that we need to look for ways to pay our leaders.

          I call this email funding - not sponsorship - because it has ideas for funding PoP action on the ground.

          I wonder if it is worth approaching embassies in Nairobi. I am thinking of how the International community is talking about putting pressure on the Kenyan leaders - and yet not knowing what to do. We can give them a alternative peacemaking action.I am also thinking that in the past in Nigeria people in out project were advised to try teh embassies as a source of funding.

          I also wonder about approaching the UN - especially George Clooney in his new role as Peace Ambassador.

          Pam