Laura Betty Chepchumba asks for help to attend NYIT

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2008
      Laura,

      Thank you for writing! and for signing up for Kiyavilo Msekwa's group
      now called Learn How To Learn
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/learnhowtolearn/
      I also share with other groups which you have attempted to send to.

      I won't myself help with your request. It's not a priority for me. But
      this is a good place to ask for help. I also think that if you
      participate at Kiyavilo's group, then you can achieve a lot. I believe
      that working with us at our lab you can get an education better than
      what you will receive at that university. I have a Ph.D. in mathematics
      and if you study hard I can help you go much farther and deeper than you
      would with them. We would surely benefit. You can also do projects and
      learn skills that would help you win support or earn money. If you work
      hard, then I would not be surprised if you can earn enough to survive
      while you study.

      It was nice to speak. You told me that you know how to program in C++
      and Java, is that right? And that you would be interested to learn how
      to create and program websites? Do you have a computer? Please write
      more about what you already know, what you would like to know.

      I am excited that you are with us. We do have many projects that you
      could help with as a software developer as a volunteer, unpaid. The need
      is very big. Also, as we know you then we grow to care about you!

      +370 699 30003

      APPEAL FOR SPONSORSHIP TO UNIVERSITY: NYIT STUDENT ID- 0596706

      Dear Andrius and Janet,

      Greetings to you from Eldoret, Kenya.

      Thank you Andrius for speaking to me and being sympathetic with my
      situation. The fact is that I do not feel it safe to continue to learn
      in Kenya owing to the worsening security situation. As a 21 year old
      girl, I feel quite not safe to go back to Kenyatta University,
      especially now that other communities other than the Kikuyu are being
      threatened with eviction and death if they do not leave the area soon.
      Presently I am studying at this university where I have been pursuing a
      bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering. Owing to this I have applied
      to join a US university and in this respect, I wish to request for any
      individual r benevolent institution to support my studies there. I will
      continue to work for this valuable network of people interested in
      global order characterized by love for one another and peace everywhere.
      As I informed you I am the daughter of Wesley Chirchir who is working on
      a regional peace program in North Rift Kenya which was badly affected by
      the post election violence. I am too actively involved on the process.
      Presently I am volunteering for the International Organization for
      Migration (IOM) where I am registering the Internally Displaced Persons
      (IDP) and later on doing the date entry. The fact is that I like doing
      humanitarian work as well as promoting peaceful co-existence.

      As per my request to you and your partners, I would like to kindly
      request for any organizations and individuals willing to sponsor me to
      the US to pursue studies at the New York Institute of Technology (NYIT).
      This institution has admitted me to pursue a degree course in Computer
      Science, beginning 01/22/2008 and will be based at the Manhattan campus.
      The university has granted me an academic scholarship of US$ 7,500,
      leaving me to raise US$ 33,000, which I do not have. Owing to my humble
      family status, I have decided to look for sponsorship from your
      organization and especially so you and the women in business and with a
      big philanthropist heart to support me. Out of the above amount, $
      21,729 will be for tuition and fees while 10,521 will be for living and
      $750 for medical insurance.
      While in High School, I actively participated in swimming. I competed
      both within the school emerging no. 2 thus earning myself a trip to the
      District and Provincial competitions. It was at the provincial level
      that I emerged position 3. I also participated in drama in which my
      school went up to the National Level. Besides I am a member of the Red
      Cross Society, Badminton and Lawn Tennis clubs.

      DESIRE TO JOIN NYIT

      I would really appreciate if I could be sponsored to pursue this course
      in computer Science as I desire to enrich my knowledge in computer
      technology. I am interested in this course as it will assist me a lot in
      terms of beginning careers in various fields involving IT and software
      applications and programming, which include Visual Basic programmer or
      developer, C++ programmer or developer, Java programmer or developer, or
      system application developer.

      To this end, I will appreciate if you can speak directly to the bursar
      at bursarow@... <Compose?To=bursarow@...> or the Admissions
      office at admissions@... <mailto:admissions@...> or simply
      call the office at 1.516.686.7520. We will appreciate if your
      organization considered visiting us one day in KENYA where we can show
      you around and indeed consider establishing an exchange program.

      Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter.
      Yours sincerely
      LAURA BETTY CHEPCHUMBA

      it now.
      <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51733/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ%20>
    • Rhone Odhiambo
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2008
        Habari kila mtu[Hi every one-kiswahili]
        hope you are all safe and ok where you are.well i did
        receive the money from Andrius while in naivasha and
        the western union clerk told me to be keen seen with
        my Luo national identity card.
        i was able to talk to Racheal and she hooked me up
        with Ochien,an IDP in naivasha who is luo and had a
        talk with him today moening at 8 for us and Rachael to
        try and arrange a meeting between the 2 groups but
        Ochieng was not sure becauase of rivalry between the 2
        communities and the recent killing of the luo communiy
        in naivasha but we will still try to push for it.
        I also had atalk with Rachael about ared cross issue
        from her group Mungiki;one of the red cross volunteers
        was taken captive by the group members and was taken
        to one of the hotels where he met the gang in army
        clothes but masked faces.they raised issue of one of
        the camps set up for the kikuyu community isnt
        receiving good attention from the red cross and they
        demanded food to be taken to them or else they would
        hijack acar or lorry for food to take there.i talked
        with Rachael and she is to see to it.
        i was also able to meet with an IDP named CATHRINE
        MAtindachege displaced from the Creative rossses
        flower farm because she is Kikuyu but luhya.she saw
        one of the neighbour,a lady of 3 kids hacked to death
        because she was luo and she ran to the Naivasha
        Prisons for protection. with help from red cross we
        were able to give her safe passage to town where i
        paid her fare to nairobi to some relative.she arrived
        safe afew hours ago
        am now in nakuru where in the next 45 minutes will be
        meeting with the group for football but i will
        refferee the game and also i got food from the red
        cross and some few clothes for them.
        Dennis thanks for the transportation of the kids and
        some families.
        PEACE FOR ALL IN KENYA
        --- Andrius Kulikauskas <ms@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > or the Admissions
        > office at admissions@...
        > <mailto:admissions@...> or simply
        > call the office at 1.516.686.7520. We will
        > appreciate if your
        > organization considered visiting us one day in KENYA
        > where we can show
        > you around and indeed consider establishing an
        > exchange program.
        >
        > Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in
        > this matter.
        > Yours sincerely
        > LAURA BETTY CHEPCHUMBA

        > Yahoo! Mobile. Try
        > it now.

        <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51733/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ%20>

        > Please note our rule: Each letter sent to the
        > Holistic Helping group enters the PUBLIC DOMAIN
        > unless it explicitly states otherwise. Thank you!

        === message truncated ===

        Looking for last minute shopping deals?
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2008
          Ronald,

          Thank you for sharing your remarkable day!

          Today we organized ourselves for our Pyramid of Peace and I introduced
          the title of Commander which is a person who has proven able to lead our
          operations in all of Kenya to care for us all. As we start, Dennis,
          Kennedy and Rachel are our Commanders, and Rachel is currently
          Commander-of-Operations. They agreed that I am Commander-in-Chief.

          But I thought today that there is a more important title and that is
          Peacemaker. "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called the
          children of God." You are a peacemaker and I give you the title
          Peacemaker. I mean by this that you have proven that you are able to
          lead us to embrace an enemy for peace. I encourage us to discover and
          acknowledge our Peacemakers and give them this title and help tell their
          stories as Pamela has done. We will include your stories at our Pyramid
          of Peace website. You inspire us!

          I also am glad you are in touch with Rachel and that you help each other
          make progress on these very real concerns.