Re: [mendenyo] pro peace SMS?/fantastic idea! (what do Kenyans think?

  • frogkailo
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2008
      Thanks Janet,

      Since nobody else did comment on this idea, I think I will try it
      myself by using skype and the phone numbers we already have. What do
      you think about words and the message? If you can (if you have the
      time and energy) please take time and edit it here
      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?SMSforPeace ( if you don't have the
      wiki username use username: Visitor password: Visitor )and then I will
      start sending it.

      Thank you, Sasha

      --- In holistichelping@yahoogroups.com, Janet Feldman <kaippg@...> wrote:

      > Dear Sasha and All,
      >
      > This is a fantastic idea! SMS messages about HIV/AIDS (education
      and prevention) have been very popular in Kenya, and people in
      general--as well as youth in particular--are attuned to that form of
      communication.

      > What do our Kenyan friends think? That would be key, as well as the
      wording of any such message. Hope we'll get feedback soon, and make
      this thought an action!

      > Thanks for the brainstorm (SMS=Sasha Makes Storm, haha!), and here's
      to "phones for peace"! Janet

      Develop.