Re: [mendenyo] From Andrius to St.Benedict the African Choir!/refugees in Uganda

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2008
      Dear Fred, Dee, and All,

      This is marvelous, just what we need in terms of the uplift music and art
      can bring (donations do help a lot too, greatest thanks :)).

      Fred, so happy you have linked us, and have been doing such wonderful work
      on our behalf. I have read a chilling news story about youth being trained
      in refugee camps for defense ("revenge" included), so your initial idea and
      concern about refugees was "spot on", and our peace activities surely need
      to include cross-border activity.

      Football matches, arts-making, and some kind of activity would be helpful.
      Airtime could also be immensely helpful, especially if combined with the
      idea that it will used to connect with those in Kenya--and others in
      Uganda--working on peace-related activities. I can see youth getting regular
      updates on the Peace Caravan and related activities, and SMS messages on
      cellphones related to our activities, and also the need for peace, calm, and
      outreach to others of differing ethnicities.

      These are just a few ideas which might be helpful. We'll need to sort
      "immediate" and "longer-term" needs, goals, and activities, ie what is
      possible and do-able now, and what we can aim for down the road.

      Throughout it all, a choir of angels will be inspiring and uplifting :).
      Thanks again and greatest blessings, Janet