RE: ACHIENG 13 YRS OLD IS THE FAMILY SERVANT GIRL (from Tom Ochuka in Kisumu, Kenya)

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2006
      Dear Tom and All,

      Hello and how heartbreaking!  This is a terrible situation, sadly all too common, I imagine. Has anyone stepped forward to help in the past week?  Thank YOU for doing all you can as Deaf Impact Ministries!
      I am ccing this to a forum called Holistic Helping, where we are discussing how these types of situations can be addressed to be of help to people and also to their overall quality of life and development. Hope we can discuss this issue in all of our forums, and try to figure out ways in which we can address both immediate needs and those in the longer-term, especially in a sustainable way.
      Tom, are you a KCA member yet?  If not, I think it's important that you are, so let me/us know. I believe you posted to MK abt Deaf Impact being able to attend the AGM this year, or somehow being able to present your work, the latter of which might be more likely. I think an agenda item related to helping people with disabilities would be a valuable one, and hope it will be considered.
      With many thanks for introducing us to this young woman, Achieng, and to her mother and family in need, and hope that--between all of us--we can be of help. With greatest blessings and all best wishes, Janet