Fantastic News Abt Lenny, Maria!/your meeting is Mbita and Kisumu (KENNEDY)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30 3:27 PM

      Dear Maria and All,

      So delighted and relieved to hear from you, the latter because of your wonderful meeting with Lenny. He is the most amazing person, and is the youth activist I would like to be when I grow up, haha!  Yes, he will be in Toronto--a wonderful opportunity to showcase his talents and to allow him to network with others--and he and Sam in Mbita do have one connection, as they are both submitters to the African Youth HIV/AIDS Best Practices Handbook, about which you can read below:

      The African Youth HIV/AIDS Best Practices Handbook is a compendium of 95 youth-led and youth-focused HIV/AIDS projects from 25 countries in Africa. It is intended to showcase the outstanding work of African youth to stop the spread of HIV/AIDS, and to provide best-practices examples which can be replicated locally in Africa, and hopefully globally. This should help to encourage further education and prevention efforts, promote African youth leadership to curb the pandemic, and create as well as sustain opportunities for the participation of African youth in local, national, regional, and international efforts to halt the spread of HIV/AIDS.

      This will debut in Toronto in August, and is available in PDF and CD-ROM now, and in published form soon, I hope. The Handbook is a collaboration between ActALIVE (www.actalive.org), Development Partnership International (www.developmentpartnership.org), and the International Federation of Medical Students' Associations (www.ifmsa.org).

      I look forward to hearing more abt your visit with Lenny, and also please see below a smaller but hopefully more "readable" version of the mail I posted the other day (which for some reason was a bit broken up). I hope that Kennedy will help to network everyone (is that possible, Kennedy?), and I will write one more mail to all of the interested parties, hopefully finding a way to bring all or most together.

      With greatest thanks and joyful journeys, and rest assured that you are making a wonderful and lasting contribution to intercultural communication in your own right, Maria!!  Janet

      From: Dominic Mutinyu dmutinyu@...

      Hello Janet, Charles, Kennedy, Maria and all ARYI members! I am looking
      forward to meeting Maria and yourselves in Kisumu. Since our organization
      has a media desk, we hope that this visit by an experienced librarian will
      be of great help to us. Let us know how we can meet in Kisumu. Is the
      meeting still on the 8th of August? Kindly please keep us posted on the
      date, time and venue.

      Dominic Mutinyu
      Martens Africa (0733-770 566)

      charles_aboge charles_aboge@... wrote:

      I am a veteran kenyan journalist,member of ARYI -kisumu children centre and
      school in my NGO FOR aids orphans, My ancestral home is in mbita town,
      arrange to meet me on tel 0735195156 or call at the Standard media group
      regional officesin kisumu to meet me
      charles aboge

      My name is Bernadette Otieno and I work for St.Rita, a community-based
      orphan care programme that won the World Children's Prize for the Rights of
      the Child 2005 in Sweden, under St.Rita women's group. Read more on our web
      site http://www.strita.info.We are based in Kisumu, our offices are in
      Dunga opposite Covenant Home.We have hosted several volunteers through Aryi
      and currently with Brenda from Australia.

      This note is to welcome Maria Agnes Giraudo to our program when in
      Kisumu.You are free to reach our offices where details of activities will
      be explained by volunteers at the office and to share with Brenda currently
      on the ground.

      Kind regards
      Bernadette Otieno
      strita42@...

      About Brenda Martin: brenda_ann_@...
      I have a Bachelor of Arts (Psychology) and have work experience teaching
      English as a second language to young children in China as well as doing
      case work and volunteer coordination in an organisation that settles
      refugees in North Queenland, Australia.

      I have a passion for working with people from varying cultural and
      linguistic backgrounds and a great enthusiasm and love of interacting with
      children.