Re: Samwel's map of Internet access points in Rusinga Island

  • lgs0a
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 22, 2006
      --- In holistichelping@yahoogroups.com, "Franz Nahrada"
      <f.nahrada@...> wrote:
      > I just mention that we need to have a list of "linux compatible
      laptops".

      I guess you've searched google for "linux laptop" and found this (just
      in the first page of the search):

      * http://www.linux-laptop.net/
      * http://www.tuxmobil.org/mylaptops.html
      * http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Laptop-HOWTO.html
      * http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/
      * http://www.linux.org/hardware/laptop.html
      * http://www.linuxcertified.com/linux_laptops.html

      We might add our own first-hand experiences if we wish.

      Things will change in time, with newer linux distributions ("distros")
      becoming more and more compatible with existing hardware - in general.

      I know this doesn't add much, except my saying that I too find this
      interesting.

      Lucas
    • Jeff Buderer
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 25, 2006
        Lucas,

        Is there a webpage on the wiki to document this information?

        I think that would be really helpful to use as a guide for this proposed
        project as well as other ones.

        Jeff

      • lucas.gonzalez@canarias.org
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 25, 2006
          Jeff,

          Yes - we need to become good wiki-gardners. I hope I'll be able to learn more about how ProWiki works, and also what Andrius et al are doing (at first I felt I was dancing on shaky ground, and I don't know if things are better now).

          In very practical terms, I guess the Mbitan project (and in time what Andrius is suggesting for Kirchback) will be the oportunity to iron out the how-to to create the apropriate wiki-pages. We need to have a project, create pages under that project, and link within and across projects. The specifics of that escape me, but maybe Andrius and of course Helmut can give us a handful of already working pages so that "how links work" is aparent and replicable by us? I think this would be most helpful!

          I won't be available in August, but I'd love to do just that. So I'll do some thinking and maybe write some by email - hoping that that will be useful, which I don't see as likely. :-/ (Or I'll magically have a couple of hours before I go.)