Re: Samwel and Andrius chat about working together

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 29, 2005
      Samwel and I continued our chat. He told me his key concept "Motivation
      through sacrifice" and his investigatory question: "How I can find for
      Myself and live Comfortably while helping others?" I related that to
      various projects that he might work on for us. So we're quite on track.
      Andrius, http://www.ms.lt

      Samwel: Remember to send me the things or ideas you nwant me to
      focus while their at the Africa source

      Andrius: ok

      Samwel: What went wrong?

      Andrius: Wrong?

      Samwel: weather Or what?

      Andrius: Yes, it's cold here :: I had to move to a second place
      closer to my parents. :: So the temperature drops here :: almost to
      freezing and it is hard :: to get it warmer indoors. :: When I come back
      to do some work from here. :: Anyways, I want to work with you :: but I
      think I need to focus on what you care about :: because otherwise we can
      waste a lot of energy :: and I don't have that energy. :: So, if
      possible, I would like to know your "key concept" :: and also, an
      "investigatory question" that you care about, :: a question that you
      don't know the answer to, but want to answer. :: Because then I can
      structure our work accordingly.

      Samwel: I am also raedy to work with you

      Andrius: Great. :: Also, then we can hold you accountable to
      yourself :: because I have no interest in holding you accountable to me.
      :: So I need to know what you care about, :: so I can understand how you
      want to think. :: At least, I think this would be easier for me. :: But
      I know these questions are hard. :: Maybe you don't know, that is OK.

      Samwel: you know Andrius as amatter of fact you are smarter than me
      and your exposure and understanding is more than mine why then strive
      but what remains is understanding one another

      Andrius: We need to be equals. I think we can be equals if we find
      what you care most about. Then you will be stronger than me.

      Samwel: I ahve to know what we are putting at hand and what we are
      going to do and I will concent your Idea

      Andrius: What is it that you care more about than I do? Than
      others do? :: What do you care most about? :: Think about that and let
      us know. :: Then you will be very strong :: and you can do very
      important work.

      Samwel: You know i sometime think on adiversity but what I am to
      you will depend on my integrity and accountability to a joint Understanding

      Andrius: Adversity? :: or diversity?

      Samwel: This mean we have to be at the equal ends where the loss or
      profit befits us all

      Andrius: yes :: which word did you mean, diversity? or adversity?

      Samwel: some person might be thinking differently while the other
      wished another!!

      Andrius: hmmm

      Samwel: eh :: [:D]

      Andrius: yes :: I understand you just a little

      Samwel: That is a diversity

      Andrius: I see :: yes

      Samwel: different thinking

      Andrius: diversity of interests?

      Samwel: what is your wish to work together? :: Yeah :: ...of interests

      Andrius: Is that what you care about, Diversity of interests? :: or
      something else?

      Samwel: You have to be specific towards your interests and compare
      them with mine then combine efforts to work together

      Andrius: That's very helpful :: What can we call that? :: Relating
      our interests?

      Samwel: come up and give details of how we are going to work and on
      what line of interests :: yaap

      Andrius: Can we say that "relating our interests" is your key
      concept? :: or something else?

      Samwel: concepts will be differing always and changing

      Andrius: they may change... :: do you have a deeper one?

      Samwel: depending on issues :: Look i have Ideas and You have ideas

      Andrius: My experience is that they don't change very much, they
      just become clearer. Yes?

      Samwel: Suggest one I had the options of working with you and your
      concept of this is what :: If you say sustainable idea or investiment it
      becomes a concept :: so a concept which brings motivation is
      comfortability and sustainable ideas

      Andrius: We have a page with many concepts - each person has their
      own: http://www.openleader.com/index.php/MinciuSodas/KeyConcept :: so
      please think about your own concept. :: If you could choose any concept,
      which is most important to you? :: Which one guides your heart in all
      things? :: Which one is deepest in you?

      Samwel: Let me compare but I have mine which I had told you before

      Andrius: Tell me again

      Samwel: Sacrifying for greater values to motivate oneself and the

      Andrius: yes

      Samwel: Keep it and put it in my Key concept

      Andrius: excellent

      Samwel: can it suit you?

      Andrius: yes :: is there a shorter way to say it? :: Motivation
      through sacrifice ?

      Samwel: find one but the words carry my value

      Andrius: yes :: that's very helpful :: it's very clear :: if we
      find a shorter way to say it, that will also help :: Now, is there a
      question that you don't know the answer to, but want to answer? :: A
      question that you care about? :: That you will answer, and we can help you?

      Samwel: (Motivation through sacrifice) let me think

      Andrius: What is more important to you, the motivation or the

      Samwel: How I can find for Myself and live Comfortably while
      helping others? :: The value and rewards of sacrifying

      Andrius: Sacrifice as Inspiration ?

      Samwel: may be not sure here

      Andrius: Good question: How I can find for Myself and live
      Comfortably while helping others? :: Excellent.

      Samwel: Change my saved concept with one above

      Andrius: which one?

      Samwel: Motivation through sacrifice :: ...but with success

      Andrius: Motivating Sacrifice ? :: Moving Sacrifice ?

      Samwel: you had got it before don't confuse your excelency ::
      Motivation through sacrifice

      Andrius: great

      Samwel: not whatever but that

      Andrius: It's quite similar to what you had before, which was
      "Motivation" :: so now it is just a bit clearer. :: That's very helpful.
      :: And your investigatory question is: How I can find for Myself and
      live Comfortably while helping others? :: yes?

      Samwel: yaap

      Andrius: OK, so that's excellent :: I suggest a few projects. ::
      One is our Open Leader network

      Samwel: go on :: ok

      Andrius: you can be building our network and finding ways to both
      help yourself and to help others

      Samwel: ...........and

      Andrius: and that's very useful :: Another is the Literacy project
      because you can focus on Motivation

      Samwel: great

      Andrius: How do we structure the literacy games so that people are
      able to motivate themselves :: to teach themselves

      Samwel: you will give me the Ideas you superb

      Andrius: At Africa Source II the most valuable thing you can do ::
      is get people's permission to sign them up for our working groups. ::
      Most important is Janet Feldman's working group Holistic Helping.

      Samwel: excellent

      Andrius: But also Franz' for Global Villages, and Lucas' for

      Samwel: the idea is good

      Andrius: You need to ask people and make sure you get their
      permission. :: Also, very helpful is to have them fill out the Open
      Leader survey :: because then we can include them in our network :: and
      we can know that their work is in the Public Domain. :: Another project
      is that we want to set up Online tutoring for programming and other
      online skills like using wikis. :: So we'll try to set up a webchat page

      Samwel: in which these I am a member and would like to get all the
      other deeper I deas for these forums

      Andrius: and related wiki pages. :: And then we can try to organize
      African software developers for business projects to get work for us all.

      Samwel: This what you can elaborate on and get me the applicables

      Andrius: If you sign them up for our discussion groups and our Open
      Leader network :: then we will be sure to be in touch with them in the

      Samwel: vefore going there without

      Andrius: That is why that is most important. :: So these are my
      general ideas.

      Samwel: these

      Andrius: It would be good if you could work part-time on them until
      the end of February. Is that OK? :: You could choose to work on what
      you find most useful to yourself. :: For the Literacy project we would
      focus for now on experimentation.

      Samwel: Do you think I can get the Template for all these to make
      then understand our group's ideas

      Andrius: Also, we'll try to get you some materials so that people
      may have ideas at Africa Source II. :: I will try. :: Yes.

      Samwel: great in power point or what?

      Andrius: No, just maybe print out some of the flashcards. :: And
      some of the surveys. :: And I will try to put up more survey answers at
      our PmWiki :: and then you might put up the rest. :: I will try to work
      on that this week.

      Samwel: and print :: printing the flash cards

      Andrius: Samwel, I'm glad that we could chat, it has been very
      helpful. What you have done today was very hard, but I think it helps
      us know what to work on together. We know what you care about, so we
      know how to invest in you. :: Yes :: and start practicing with them. ::
      And also I will try to set up pages with answers to the surveys :: so
      people can see how we can use that information.

      Samwel: this will be very useful to me also :: WHAT DO YOU THINK

      Andrius: we can give you an email samwel@... if you like

      Samwel: ..or hosting such becomes expensive?

      Andrius: or get a gmail account

      Samwel: let it be Kongere@...

      Andrius: I suggest that you wait for a few months before getting a
      domain :: You would like that?

      Samwel: domain for my email or web

      Andrius: Yes I think you should have your own domain :: but wait
      unit :: until you know what you want to call it.

      Samwel: I will wait

      Andrius: Let's try to chat Saturday :: and I will try to have our
      wiki set up with your Open Leader questionnaires by then.

      Samwel: What time?

      Andrius: I'm not sure, :: maybe this time is OK. :: Also, try to
      print out the flash cards at

      Samwel: It is evening Here and Ihere is usually closed two hours later

      Andrius: ok

      Samwel: good time time what do think Janet is asying about the
      purchase of the comps?

      Andrius: I don't know. :: Maybe wait until you come back. :: Maybe
      they will have ideas at Africa Source II on getting a computer.

      Samwel: I have spared something for paying deposit to one when I
      come back

      Andrius: yes

      Samwel: ok :: Are you living In America Or lithuaniA?

      Andrius: Can you work for me until the end of February for the
      money that I gave you? :: I am living in Lithuania.

      Samwel: I did Get money biut I was very troubled when I fill a form
      but the money originated from USA

      Andrius: oh :: I used a credit card from the US :: I was born in
      the US.

      Samwel: You will Channel the work

      Andrius: channel?

      Samwel: do get me the adress from US as this will make be somebody
      who is fully understand ANDIUS?

      Andrius: ANDRIUS :: 6726 S Parnell Ave, Chicago, IL 60621 :: that
      is my mailing address in the US :: but I am here in Lithuania.

      Samwel: I was about to be caught and a lady said I am the owner
      because of my ID card

      Andrius: oh, I am sorry :: I am glad you tell me. :: I am sorry.

      Samwel: ..and this saved My day :: and you didn't send me the codes
      and that

      Andrius: Yes, I forgot.

      Samwel: no worry this was to clarify

      Andrius: That's important. Thank you.

      Samwel: I am planning to have A bank account and later we will
      change right away

      Andrius: Here are the flashcards:
      http://www.openleader.com/selfeducation/singleclub.png ::
      http://www.openleader.com/selfeducation/clusters1.png :: see if they can
      make sense :: and I will try to explain more later. :: You should cut
      them up with scissors. :: And pair one with another.

      Samwel: Thanks again for mbilizing funds for me and the children
      will something to eat and I will start working on them

      Andrius: Samwel, thank you for approaching us :: You are a great
      encouragement. :: And your children encourage us, too.

      Samwel: I also thank you I only have one Gap left to have me stay
      comfortable :: that is where the ends of connections and internet
      payments :: but these will be solved by time :: ilove your insights

      Andrius: yes :: thank you :: you make our work very meaningful ::
      it's a great privilege to work with you!

      Samwel: I think we can talk later and remember our agreement and
      send what me to do

      Andrius: yes :: Thank you, Samwel!

      Samwel: ....and inform Janet to connect me there before... I also
      met an entertaiment troupe in nairobi and they are going to work with me

      Andrius: Great!

      Samwel: I can sign them in our Open leader forum :: They are arts
      Expets and working with them will give us more talents in arts

      Andrius: yes

      Samwel: Another group from our main group are going to hold arts
      exibition In Mombasa-Kenya