Re: [holistichelping] Re: Horrible Situation in Eldoret and North Rift Kenya

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 6, 2008
      Dear Andrius, Wesley, and All,

      Wesley, we meet again in a new guise! You may or may not recall that, several years ago, we exchanged letters, in part because of our mutual work on ICTs in Kenya, and in part because you hoped to start a school for orphans on some land which had been donated to your development organization, I believe. Did that ever come about?

      Thank you so much for your heartfelt peace work and also for your hope to start peace-makers in mediation work. Eventually there needs to be a whole cadre of peer mediators and others trained in alternative conflict resolution, and it would be great if there are many youth among those numbers.

      In the longer term, economic and other supports and solutions will need to be put into place in order to address the frustrations and discontents which have led youth to such violent acts. For now, hopefully the phone credits will help, and if there are other things we can do, we surely will.

      With blessings and hopes for your safety and well-being, and with peaceful projections always, Janet