News from Tom Ochuka

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2008
      Samwel, Janet, William, Asif, Agnese, Thank you for your marvelous letters.

      I spoke with Tom Ochuka of Deaf Impact in Kisumu. He said the
      demonstrations are going on now in Nairobi and they are waiting intently
      to hear what is happening there. They are also trying to locate the
      deaf and to preach peace and reconciliation and not to fight at all.
      The price of 2 kilograms of maize has gone up from 30 shillings ($0.45)
      to 100 shillings ($1.50).

      Agnese, Thank you for your support! I have started sending small
      amounts of money to our participants in Kenya with whom I have gotten in
      contact, starting with the most troubled areas, so they can be active
      and help others. I will report on the money when they receive it. The
      banks are closing due to lack of funds at their branches.

      In our chat room today I chatted with Douglas Arege +254 720 466 340 in
      kisii a small town in western kenya. He writes: the only help we need is
      as i said emergency relief: i.e food ,beddings and clothing to displaced
      families at various police centres and community grounds

      William Wambura will translate materials into Kiswahili, I encourage him
      to translate Samwel's letter for peace so we might distribute that.

      John Dada also came from Nigeria and chatted for a bit.

      I look forward to chatting with us at http://www.worknets.org/chat/
      later today. Fred is in the chat room now. Samwel is on Yahoo messenger.