Support to Uyoga for Internet Access

  • Maria Agnese Giraudo
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 30, 2007
      Dear Helen,
      I would like to chat with you but I'm in the country side and now  i'm in Internet cafè. I supposed to meet you last friday. I  confirm  that want to go on to support Uyoga to get Internet access. I enjoy to know that Uyoga is chatting in Kiswahili together , but I would  like we share some issue together.
      I'm very happy to know that Kims is collaborationg in MSLab. Please Kims keep in touch with us about computer recycling and Includer!
      Heave a constructive and peaceful 2008!
      Maria Agnese

    • ACTWID KONGADZEM
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 31, 2007
        Hi Maria Agnes Giraudo,
        We all in our rural women and youth organisation
        working for HIV/AIDS infected and affected people and
        orphans in Bamenda, Cameroon wish you and all
        holistichelping members a happy ,peaceful and
        prosperous New Year 2008.
        We all are worried to hear that Uyoga is already
        enjoying computer facilities and you have also
        promised to give them an internet connection while our
        organisation that started crying out loudly to all of
        you at holistichelping to join hands with us and
        help us to have some computers and an internet access
        for more than three years now since we identified a
        very felt-need of our organisation to be having
        internet connection with a computer centre as our
        rural women and youths really need these tools to
        solve our rural exodus problems.
        When Andrius and your group promised us since three
        months ago to solve this our felt-needs, we went and
        rented a large room at our commercial centre here to
        get ready to sign agreements with you for some
        computers, then internet connectionetc We even
        remember that weparticipated in a chat where we
        discussed the interst to even sell flash sticks and
        other accessories through your arrangements. Now, we
        get so worried not hearing any concrete arrangements
        for these plans and our highly rented room up till now
        is still empty. We equally went as far as discussing
        some possibilities of having one of us actively
        participate in a training earlier earmarked for
        January 2008 . We are still very interested in your
        assistance like the Ujoga people and are longing for
        you you to come in to help us too.
        We will be grateful to hear from you our stand as of
        now in the whole project.
        Immense thanks from all of us while waiting for your
        response.
        Sincerely ACTWID KONGADZEM NGO in BAMENDA, NWP
        Cameroon
        Sincerely ,ACTWID KONGADZEM women/youths
        in Cameroon led by Wendi losha Bernadette, national
        president /cooordinator.
        --- Maria Agnese Giraudo <mariaagnesegiraudo@...>
        wrote:

        > Dear Helen,
        > I would like to chat with you but I'm in the
        > country side and now i'm in Internet cafè. I
        > supposed to meet you last friday. I confirm that
        > want to go on to support Uyoga to get Internet
        > access. I enjoy to know that Uyoga is chatting in
        > Kiswahili together , but I would like we share some
        > issue together.
        > I'm very happy to know that Kims is collaborationg
        > in MSLab. Please Kims keep in touch with us about
        > computer recycling and Includer!
        > Heave a constructive and peaceful 2008!
        > Maria Agnese
        >

        > ---------------------------------
        >
        > ---------------------------------
        > L'email della prossima generazione? Puoi averla con
        > la nuova Yahoo! Mail

        Looking for last minute shopping deals?
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 31, 2007
          Wendi,

          Thank you for making the great effort to write to us. I am glad that
          you explain your situation. This is essential.

          First, I correct your letter (or your memory). I am very careful not to
          make promises (and I encourage us not to). Therefore I doubt your
          statement regarding any promises for Internet access. Certainly, you
          understand I have no magical resources to provide.

          Also, I did suggest inviting a representative to Europe, but not for
          January 2008. No date was set. I did not hear much if anything from
          you about that.

          I think you have made a big mistake if you have rented a large room at a
          commercial center. This is the first time that I have heard of this
          room. How much did you rent it for? Where is it located? We have no
          knowledge of your financial situation. You make financial decisions
          without consulting us. How can we possibly work with you on this?

          Wendi, This is from a letter that I wrote on October 6, 2007:

          I also think we should definitely include a representative of Actwid
          Kongadzem in Cameroon because of their longstanding interest in
          computers and
          wireless Internet access. Wendi, please, could you send us for the Public
          Domain descriptions of five or ten of your participants so we could learn
          more about them? How are they helping others? How would they like to?
          Perhaps they know... what is their deepest value in life that includes
          all of
          their other values? Perhaps they know... What is a question that they don't
          know the answer to, but wish to answer? We would like to know each of
          you as
          "independent thinkers" and work to include you in our network.

          Perhaps you did not find this. These questions are still important.
          And there is much more that you can do with the existing computer that
          you have (which you earned by working on My Food Story).

          I'm disappointed by what you write about Uyoga. They have organized
          about 15 participants for our laboratory. Agnese and Samwel have met
          and worked with them many times. They only received their first
          computer a few months ago. Yet they have done a lot with us this year.
          I hope we might learn to work with you as we have with Uyoga.

          Wendi, I know almost nothing about your situation. Yes, let's work
          together, but we need to learn much more:
          * Get answers to the questions above.
          * Draw a map of your area with the existing Internet access points.
          * Write about your current Internet access. How often do you use the
          Internet? Where? How much does it cost?
          * Write about your participants: What would they like to achieve?

          Then we can start supporting your existing use of the Internet access in
          many ways. We can send flash drives and also our laboratory's content
          and do experiments. If you are interested, then yes, please let's do that.

          Thank you for your letters. Greetings to all in Actwid Kongadzem.

          Vilnius, Lithuania

        • Maria Agnese Giraudo
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 1, 2008
            Dear Wendi and all,
            sorry for delay in answering  you but I was in the countryside and I couldn't  go  to the Internet cafe'.
            I would like to communicate with you and I prefer  to chat than to share  email. So, I suggest you, if you are interested,  to arrange  an appointment in the chat room. I like to communicate and  to share openly, although often the issues shared  are too technical for me and  I'm tired...
            I would like to explain you  (because of  course you don't know me) what I do, my aim and commitment in Tanzania and Kenya inside  the MS Lab. I have a personal commitment  with William Wambura for his education and his family since  2004, then I  met Helen Mahoo, Mwanaidi, Josephat and many members of Uyoga  association. I’m in touch with them and I  really enjoyed to encourage  the collaboration between  Samwel Kongere and  Uyoga members also before the constitution of the association. I  feel very close to them although my support to the UYOGA has been since the beginning limited to cover the costs of Internet access and the travel of Samwel To Dar es Salaam every 6 month.
            As you know they have only one laptop  they have received from Andrius relatives during their travel to Tanzania .  I have also contributed to the travel  to Italy of Ken and James of the group NAFSI Afrtika Acrobats  last July and to  the arrangments their performances here.
            Now I ‘m very interested in a collaboration inside the Mincius Sodas Lab, with  Binario Etico and other associations  in Kenya , or whatever in Africa to get expertise about  computer recycling, how to get  tools and components and how to arrange courses in Europe and in Nairobi. I hope we join our energy to work together not only to get computers but to learn how to fix and  provide assistance and  to create new products, as Includer.
            I wish you and all a positive and constructive 2008!
            All the best!
            Maria Agnese

            --- Maria Agnese Giraudo <mariaagnesegiraudo@ yahoo.it>