Kaprie J G Thoronka and wholeness in Sierra Leone

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 26, 2007
      Dear Kaprie J G Thoronka,

      It's great to learn of your work in Sierra Leone. I invite you to join
      our Minciu Sodas laboratory's working group Holistic Helping led by
      Janet Feldman http://groups.yahoo.com/group/holistichelping/ Send a
      blank message to holistichelping-subscribe@yahoogroups.com or just let
      me know at ms@... and I will sign you up. We also have a group on
      "global villages" where we are concerned about "appropriate technology"
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/globalvillages/ send a blank message to
      globalvillages-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      I share an excerpt from your blog. I am sad to learn that you can't
      qualify for the Bar Camp Latvia travel grants (they are for the ex USSR
      countries), but I hope we might work together. Andrius Kulikauskas,
      Minciu Sodas, http://www.ms.lt

      H-SL is a child focused child development human rights agency,
      registered and operating in Sierra Leone also aims at promoting and
      protecting the Rights and Welfare of children through the dissemination
      of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC) and,
      other available local laws dealing with the rights and welfare of
      children in Sierra Leone.

      Since 2000 Childhelp has been catering for a comprehensive development
      of children found in difficult circumstances, entrenching itself also a
      formidable Child Rights Organization to promote juvenile justice by not
      only monitoring Child Rights violations, but also giving free legal aid
      to children who are in conflict with the law and defending victims of
      Human Rights abuses.

      Childhelp’s work in programmes areas with poor people, is aiming at
      helping them heal, at gaining wholeness in life with dignity, at
      building self-reliance and at challenging injustices in peaceful ways to
      end hunger and suffering. Childhelp has a major concern for national
      child development, bringing its members together as united force for
      stability, cooperation and understanding to make our children’s
      community life safer.

      Childhelp facilitate programmes based on the proposal and priorities by
      communities, focussing on health, education, community development and
      life-saving skills development. Affiliated members families take part in
      community meetings, mobilize community participation, develop project
      proposals and oversee the implementation of projects.