What would you do with digital technology?

  • ms@ms.lt
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 14, 2007
      I share below news from David Sasaki (Rising Voices) about the iFocos
      fellowships to attend the We Media Miami conference in February 2008.
      This conference would be a good place to promote our ideas for the
      Includers. I encourage us to apply (including Ricardo, Asif, Pamela...)
      as there seems to be no restriction on who can apply. It is simple to
      participate, see:
      http://www.ifocos.org/we-media-miami-2008/apply-for-fellowships/
      and the questions are very relevant for us:
      1) What’s your favorite digital tool or online communications service
      these days - and why?
      2) What would you do with technology, communications and digital media
      services to make the world a better place for more people?
      3) What do you hope to get out of attending We Media 08?

      Fred and all, I encourage you to join the network
      http://www.hospitalityclub.org because that may be very important in your
      travels for finding people with whom you could stay. Also, Samwel has
      found it very useful for having guests and meeting people that way. Also,
      Fred, you are a great networker and I am thinking your skill will be very
      important in Italy as we try to organize a hardware team here. Andrius
      Kulikauskas, ms@...

      David Saskaki at Rising Voices:
      Hi Everyone,

      Once again iFocos is offering fellowships to attend their We Media Miami
      conference in February. Global Voices has had contributors present for the
      last two We Media conferences held in London (2006) and Miami (2007). It
      would be great if we make another strong showing at the 2008 meeting.

      Applications are due 12 noon Eastern Time (US - 5 GMT), Friday, December
      21, 2007.

      http://www.ifocos.org/we-media-miami-2008/apply-for-fellowships/

      To apply for a fellowship, send an e-mail to info@... with:

      I. “We Media Fellowship Application” in the subject line.
      II. Your name, title, organizational affiliation and contact information
      including mailing address and phone number at the top.
      III. A statement of no more than 500 words that includes:

      1) What’s your favorite digital tool or online communications service
      these days - and why?
      2) What would you do with technology, communications and digital media
      services to make the world a better place for more people?
      3) What do you hope to get out of attending We Media 08?

      Applicants are solely responsible for acquiring the proper travel
      documents to enter the United States. iFOCOS does not provide support or
      assistance for travel visas and other immigration issues.