Re: [holistichelping] Interlinking gift economies

  • Samwel Kongere
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 13, 2007
      Oh Andrius,

      You have finally landed in Italy. You are heading  Home after a great trip, excellent. At the moment i am focusing on the graduation ceremony at our Technology centre. It is postponed by the Permanent Secretary to 19th  Dec. I am going to check very well first before I tell you which community wiki-based project we can post.

      Good Stay,
      Sam

      ms@... wrote:
      Sam, Thank you for your great letters on the "gift nodes" and related
      steps to help us work alongside each other. I look forward to working
      more on that after I come home to Lithuania this Sunday. However, I have
      posted some of your letters:
      http://www.worknets .org/wiki. cgi?GiftNodes
      and look forward to going through them.

      Stella, I am very interested that we find ways to connect the Permaculture
      network and our lab as you are in terms of investigators, endeavors and
      more. I was very excited to read your and Lucas's proposal to the Rising
      Voices
      http://wiki. rising.globalvoi cesonline. org/ChaordicPerm acultureInstitut e

      Stella, Perhaps we could create a page (I don't know the password):
      http://permaculture institute. pbwiki.com/ Gifts
      that would parallel our page
      http://www.worknets .org/wiki. cgi?Gifts
      and then we could look for ways to connect our "gift economies" (and
      perhaps I could work for some of your "permies").

      Sam, what other wiki-based communities might we connect with?

      http://www.ms. lt
      ms@...

      ------------ --------- --------- --

      http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/holistiche lping/message/ 1546

      hi Andrius, Sam,

      we're experimenting with a new currency to aid gift-apreciations
      amongst the permaculture network, we've called the new currency Permis,
      for 'permission' (to do thing for the good of everyone) and for
      'permaculture' too.

      It is an integral part of the design of the new Chaordic Permaculture
      Institute pilot
      http://permaculture institute. pbwiki.com/ ThePermis
      - not translated from the spanish yet, sorry .... hopefully soon!

      this flowed out of several other projects we've been working on from
      time, and keeping in mind a very old network currency which was
      developed by our permaculture pioneers in England (in the 80s I
      believe)which was called the Stars system. We've improved on the
      design to try to avoid the pitfalls it had and came up with the
      Permies.

      We now have 72 profiles started in this new initiative (58 on the
      english site, 14 on the spanish site)! and we are also applying for a
      Global Voices fund as we heard that some of our youngsters want to go
      travelling across Spain to visit permaculture projects and pioneers,
      and they could multi-function their visits with giving wiki workshops
      whilst setting up new profiles. We're asking some cash towards travel
      and admin costs, but the bulk of the costs will be payed in Permies.

      I don't remember if I wrote about this initiative, but basically the
      idea of the Chaordic Permaculture Institute started in 2003, when a
      proposal for a new design was made because we realized that our massive
      world-lab of permie activists was thriving through personal friendships
      where it worked well .. and stuck where people failed to get introduced
      ... amongst other things.

      it's very similar to our labs here so ... the obvious question is,

      how can we interconnect our initiatives? ?

      Stella

      http://permaculture institute. pbwiki.com/ Stella