Chatting with Uyoga and Samwel

  • Maria Agnese Giraudo
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2007
      Dear  Janet,  Ally,  Fred, Andrius, Sasha and all,
      i have been very impressed by Uyoga member determination and clear ideas expressed us  yesterday in the chat. I don't want to summarize it  because everybody can check into the archives or get a complete report from Uyoga themselves. They have  a clear vision of their goals and they  are writing a project on poultry that is not only intended to generate income but also to organize a organic production of .  I also see them very independet and professional because they instead of  asking initial seed money (250.000 Tsh about 145 EURO) for starting (250.000 Tsh about 145 EURO) are searching some connection with a sponsor in the field.  I lataley i met a lady of FAO in Rome for a project in Chad in which also some researcher of INRAN is involved. She told me that they are  interested in small projects in rural areas of Africa. I'll provide you the contact with her. I have also contact with IFAD in Rome and i want to understand better their availability.Thanks Josephat, UYOGA and Samwel!
      You make me dream!
      Maria Agnese

      L'email della prossima generazione? Puoi averla con la Nuova Yahoo! Mail
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2007

        Dear Maria Agnese and All,

        Wonderful to hear from you, and also about this excellent report on Uyoga, including the poultry-related grant proposal.  It will be great to have the info abt FAO, and I would love to pursue something with IFAD, which approached KAIPPG a few years ago abt possible partnership.

        We wrote back a number of times but did not hear from them after their initial outreach. I'm not sure whether it was a particular individual interested, and if/when she left the org, others then did not pick up on the contact (?).  In any case, they seem to be doing excellent work, and it would be so valuable if you would approach them there, as the "personal touch" may be the one that means so much :)).

        To Sam, Josephat, Helen, William, and all in Uyoga, a HUGE bravo, and we look forward to working with all of you to ensure that your--and "our"--dreams and hopes become a reality.  As always, Maria Agnese, you are a treasure!!  I have another mail of yours to respond too as well, so will do that soon (abt collaboration and strategizing).

        With love and greatest appreciation, Janet