Alert ! Scamm E-mail

  • frogkailo
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2007
      Dear friends,members of Minciu Sodas Lab please note that this email
      you all got from Samwel is actually not from Samwel.
      Its is an attempt to steal money. It is a fraud or scam. Don't send
      anything to Sam because he is not in Nigeria and he didn't ask for any
      kind of help and he certainly didn't ask for money. He couldn't log
      in right now and he wanted me to say this to all of us. Please don't
      send the money to this scammer .

      This is the text of the fake request for help:

      I repeat , this is a lie dont send ay money to this adress below.
      Sasha

      "
      I am sorry i didn't inform you about my traveling to Africa for a
      program called "Empowering Youth to Fight Racism, HIV/AIDS, Poverty
      and Lack of Education, the program is taking place in three major
      countries in Africa which is Ghana, South Africa and Nigeria. It as
      been a very sad and bad moment for me, the present condition that i
      found myself is very intoxicated for me to explain.

      I am really stranded in Nigeria because I forgot my little bag in the
      Taxi where my money, passport, documents and other valuable things
      were kept on my way to the Hotel am staying, I am in a very bad
      situation here because i have no money with me. I am now owing the
      Hotel where am staying the sum of $1550 and they wanted me to pay the
      bill soon or else they will seize my bag and hand me over to the
      Police, i need your help very urgent to enable me return back home
      successfully without any harm, I am in a terrible and tight situation
      here don't even have money to feed myself for a day i had been
      starving so please understand how urgent i needed your help,i want you
      to help me with the sum of $3300 to sort out my problems here but if
      you are not too buoyant do not have all the $3300 i will also
      appreciate what so ever you can afford to send me for now and i
      promise to reimburse the money to you once i get back home without
      hitch delay i have been to the high Commission and they promised me a
      new traveling Documents for my safe returning back home.
      look for a Western Union Money Transfer Local stores around you and
      send me the money to the receiving information below.

      Receivers Name:Samwel Kongere
      Address: Ekko Hotel And Suites, Victoria island,
      City: Lagos
      Zip Code: 23401
      Country: Nigeria

      After you have sent the money email me the western union transfer details
      such as:

      MTCN 10 digits(Money transfer control Numbers)
      Test Question: To whom
      Answer:Samwel
      Amount Sent...

      Thanks in advance for your help while waiting to hear back from you
      with the transfer information.
      Regards
      Samwel

      MBITA 040305-KENYA.
      Information Networking and E-learning Trainings
      UDOGO youth development/Miniciu-Sodas Laboratories"