Re: [holistichelping] Gift Nodes for a Network of Gift Communities

  • Stella
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 26, 2007
      hi Andrius, Sam,

      we're experimenting with a new currency to aid gift-apreciations
      amongst the permaculture network, we've called the new currency Permis,
      for 'permission' (to do thing for the good of everyone) and for
      'permaculture' too.

      It is an integral part of the design of the new Chaordic Permaculture
      Institute pilot
      http://permacultureinstitute.pbwiki.com/ThePermis
      - not translated from the spanish yet, sorry .... hopefully soon!

      this flowed out of several other projects we've been working on from
      time, and keeping in mind a very old network currency which was
      developed by our permaculture pioneers in England (in the 80s I
      believe)which was called the Stars system. We've improved on the
      design to try to avoid the pitfalls it had and came up with the
      Permies.

      We now have 72 profiles started in this new initiative (58 on the
      english site, 14 on the spanish site)! and we are also applying for a
      Global Voices fund as we heard that some of our youngsters want to go
      travelling across Spain to visit permaculture projects and pioneers,
      and they could multi-function their visits with giving wiki workshops
      whilst setting up new profiles. We're asking some cash towards travel
      and admin costs, but the bulk of the costs will be payed in Permies.

      I don´t remember if I wrote about this initiative, but basically the
      idea of the Chaordic Permaculture Institute started in 2003, when a
      proposal for a new design was made because we realized that our massive
      world-lab of permie activists was thriving through personal friendships
      where it worked well .. and stuck where people failed to get introduced
      ... amongst other things.

      it´s very similar to our labs here so ... the obvious question is,

      ¿¿how can we interconnect our initiatives??

      Stella

      http://permacultureinstitute.pbwiki.com/Stella