Ken Owino Meet Rebecca Wanjiku (KICTAnet)/E-Waste Meeting

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 20, 2007
      Dear Ken and Becky,

      Hello and wonderful to hear of your interest in this meeting, Ken! I am ccing Rebecca (Becky) Wanjiku about this, a moderator at the KICTAnet forum, and also a friend of some years. And Evelyne Majale of KICTAnet too. Ken, below see phone # as well...you might want to call, as the meeting is tomorrow.

      Becky, so wonderful to be reading from you in this new role, and immense thanks and huge congrats on the excellent work you are doing! For all, Becky is a journalist, with strong interests in ICTs, and a variety of other issues, including youth and people affected by HIV/AIDS. She has been a reporter at "Highway Africa" (abt ICTs and Africa) meetings in recent years too.

      Becky, Ken Owino is in Nairobi, and founder of the nonprofit Nafsi Afrika Acrobats (who use arts and acrobatics to help youth and other populations cope with a variety of issues, from health to being refugees).

      He is working with myself and many others in a "think tank" called Minciu Sodas Laboratory for Independent Thinkers (www.ms.lt), where we are developing the ICTs capacities of members in Africa and elsewhere. A Nairobi branch of MS will be established by Ken and others in Kenya in 2008.

      Ken would like to attend the e-waste meeting I saw notice of on KICTAnet, and hope he can! Ken is at nafsiafricaacro@..., and below is contact info for the meeting:

      "Please confirm your attendance to Rebecca Wanjiku or Evelyn Majale at 4453671/2, or email: rebeccawanjiku@... or evelyne@..."

      With "e-xcitement" and greatest blessings, and hope we can collaborate on this and other projects of mutual interest! Janet

      Ken writes:

      Thanks for linking us up and informing the forum about the upcoming meeting in Nairobi by KICTAnet, however it's unfortunate I really wanted to but could not book myself a space. However, I am striving at making connections with the moderator.

      Although we have no already existing local e-trash recycling project (ideally we are), I believe our networking with KICTAnet will grant us a meriting opportunity to learn more on issues regarding recycling of e-waste and also the Government's policies in this.

      Our interest in e-waste management is very much inline with KICTAnet/DSF/and EMPA initiative.