Re: [!! SPAM] Re: [holistichelping] Fw: [kictanet] invitation to E-waste discussions (Kenya)

  • jeff buderer
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 20, 2007
      Dear Colleagues,

      Cleophas, Could you tell us more about your work? Are there links on the web we could go to find more information about AACI? After reading your email sent to 1Village my colleague Joy Tang (founder of OVF) has expressed an interest in your work.

      Janet, my understanding is that Joy has initiated an eWaste program in the company she works for. That company Accton which is based in Taiwan makes a range of computer network equipment. I am not sure if that might be relevant but I thought I would put that forward and see if there is any relevance to what you had mentioned below.

      Jeff Buderer
      oneVillage Foundation
      www.onevillagefoundation.org

      KANAMUGIRE Cléophas wrote:
      Thank you Janed for this Information.

      Take care.

      Cleophas

      Janet Feldman <kaippg@earthlink. net> wrote:

      Dear Friends,

      Great minds think alike! Here is a gathering taking place in Kenya abt the
      e-waste project Maria posted on recently. KICTAnet is a great "ICTs in
      Kenya" forum, one which I have wanted to introduce to members here in any
      case, so no time like the present.

      If someone can get to the meeting, that would be excellent. If not, the
      moderator (Becky Wanjiku) is a friend, so there should be connections
      possible in future.

      People can subscribe to the forum at this url:
      see many of you there! Here's to making e-haste without creating e-waste!
      Janet

      RE: INVITATION TO KICTANETs INTRODUCTION OF THE E-WASTE PROJECT IN KENYA

      KICTANet is working with the Hewlett Packard, EMPA (Swiss Materials Science
      & Research Technology), the Global Digital solidarity Fund (DSF) on their
      new programme on the “Recycling of electronic waste” in Kenya .

      The project will assess the current conditions for electronic recycling in
      communities in Kenya. It also aims to explore how additional local jobs can
      be created in this sector as well as the development of a blueprint for a
      sustainable e-waste management system in Kenya in collaboration with other
      existing local recycling projects.

      Pursuant to this KICTANet is therefore inviting you an introduction meeting
      to be held on Wednesday November 21 at Jacaranda Hotel from 9.00a.m. to
      12.30 p.m.

      The meeting is an opportunity for the international team from DSF, EMPA and
      the Kenya research team to introduce the project to a few relevant
      stakeholders involved and interested in E-waste in Kenya .

      Please confirm your attendance to Rebecca Wanjiku or Evelyn Majale at
      4453671/2, or email: rebeccawanjiku@ yahoo.com or evelyne@kictanet. or.ke

      Tel. 254 720 318 925
      blog:http:// beckyit.blogspot .com

      http://www.worknets .org/wiki. cgi?HolisticHelp ing